Featured Two Triples...

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by cinnabull, Apr 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cinnabull

cinnabull Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2020
    Here and There
    I got my first Street about 5 years back from memory, maybe more maybe less. I'd actually gone to Youles Mcr to look at a Speed Triple they had in there, but after some discussion with the sales guy Rob, who is now the General Manager, I looked at a Street 675R. It was a lovely red machine, and had loads of extra bits on it, both OEM, and aftermarket stuff from the likes of Rizoma. A test ride was needed, and sold the bike to me. In comparison to the Speed they had, it was much lighter and compact. They both looked awesome tbh and it was a hard choice, but one I would not regret. It was comfy, quick and handled and stopped well. Very economical and reasonably cheap overall to run. I loved it

I kept the 675 for a couple of years and had an itch for a Diavel. P/ex done at Duc Mcr. Wow, what a different bike this was. Extremely comfy with a Tony Archer custom seat, but jeez a hell of a lot more torque and power. Still not too bad on fuel and actually cheaper to insure than the Street. Full unbaffled Termis were enough to wake the dead and my missus unlocked the gate after I had been out on a run way before I got home. She reckons she could hear me rumbling in to land from a couple of blocks away. The only thing that grated me was the low speed vibe and snatchiness of the big V-Twin, it was simply awful in slow moving or stop start traffic. Something I loved about the 675R. Mmmm, regrets starting.

Sooo, the Diavel went, and in came a BMW S1000RR, the sport version, so it had all the bells whistles and electronic stuff to make going fast easy. It made going VERY fast VERY easy in fact. This thing was simply ballistic on another level and was way WAY overkill on the road. Ona track I'd imagine it would be awesome, but I'm a roadie so after 8 months I sold it.

I now found myself wishing I hadn't sold the 675R. OK it would be a few year older, but had low miles when I had it, and was a minter, regrets regrets !!. Triumph had recently brought out a new version, the 765, so I thought I'd go have a looksee. Long story short, I got an ex demo from Youles Blackburn in Feb 18. WOW. Everything I loved about the 675R was even better on this 765RS. The engine was more powerful, not that the 675 was slow, brakes better, nicer looking (imo), comfy, handles superbly, just everything was to like.

I am a fair weather only rider so I had last summer out of it and simply loved every single minute on it. My main ride buddy has kept his S1000RR, we both got them at the same time, and he cant really leave me on our usual runs into Wales. Obviously on the longer straights he flies off, but chuck in a few twisties and the little RS is pecking his chuff all day. I just cant wait to get this Covid out the door and get back out. Anyways heres my 2 Trumpets, my previous lover and current squeeze....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuart

• Like Like x 14