Two tone paintwork

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by brybrem, Aug 14, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    When I was in Bill Smith's in Chester yesterday, negotiating a second mortgage for some Brembo brake pads, I had a quick look through the showroom. They had two or three SIIIs with red/black and blue/black paintwork. They looked the absolute dog's danglies. I couldn't be arsed asking but does anyone know if these are new Triumph colours or just Bill S specials?

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    I may be wrong but many of the Triumph dealers are having one off paint jobs done. When I was waiting for my service last Monday at Pidcocks Nottingham I noticed they had a hideous Matt blue S111 as well as an Icon inspired orange and white Tiger 800

3. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    These are one offs done by 8 ball custom paint company. Bill smiths use them a lot. The dark speed was done by them. Did you get your pads ?

4. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Not yet. Ordered Tuesday, promised Wednesday, phoned today and they said they'd chase them up for tomorrow. Watch this space... What did you think of the two-tone SIIIs? I thought they were sweet as a nut!

5. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    Yeah very nice, far better than the stock colours, bikes are the same price with the custom paint as stock colours.

• Like Like x 1
  6. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I asked how much for the paint job and was told about a grand!

Got the pads yesterday and fitted them, so off out in a bit to see if there's any difference.

7. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I think I posted this elsewhere but as it turns out it was £110 well spent! Brakes are sublime and have got about 95% of my confidence back, just in time for those Alpine passes... :upyeah: