Two Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by mgordonvegas8, Mar 4, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mgordonvegas8

mgordonvegas8 New Member

Oct 21, 2021
    san antonio tx
    almost done with getting my new daytona 955i ready to ride, 2 quick questions

1 - I have the riders tool kit on order, do most people keep this on the bike while riding? if so where do you keep it, in the battery area, under the rear seat or somewhere else?

2 - my riders left front footpeg seems kid of loose but the bolt just does not want to move. Is there a trick to loosening/tighetening the footpeg bolt from the bracket?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    My 1998 T595 (same as the the early Daytona 955i) has the toolkit under the rear seat up close to the tail light and there are plastic hooks for a rubber strap to secure it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    mgordonvegas8
    Yes usually just strap under the seat for tool kit. The footrest try to get the bolt out and maybe needs a washer on the back. If i remember from my sprint i had to take the footrest of and wedge a small screwdriver inside to lock the bolt whilst removing the not or tightening. Beware when you remove the footrest as it has a small ball bearing and spring there.
    Joe.