Two New Battery's In Less Than A Month!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Jul 31, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Not my month for battery's after having to replace the bike battery i went to start the car to take the misses to here hospital appointment and you guessed it not start i had been charging it every so often because it wasn't being used so much but its still decided to give up,
    Quick squint on the Tanya Battery's site and get a slightly higher capacity battery for just £69 delivered think i paid more for the last one which had just conveniently run out of it warranty.

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK

Yes that why i bought my new battery from Tanya Battery's for £69 instead of the £127 they wanted for the same one.;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Do you have a Harley?. Just kidding. Could it be a short?

5. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    People are inclined to buy lead acid batteries based on cold cranking amps (CCA). That being said battery manufactures started making the lead plates spounge like to increase surface area for maximum CCA. The lead plates are therefore structuraly weaker and more subject to vibration and other damages. Spounge plate batteries are lighter and smaller so it's a win win for everyone except the end user (us). In the 60s and 70s a 10-15 year old battery wasn't unusual.

• Like Like x 2