Featured Trackdays "Twist of the wrist 11" video based on the book

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Dougie D, Mar 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #1 Dougie D, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    A cracking book well worth reading,and if you have a spare 90 minutes you could do a lot worse than watching this video ;)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Good find DD

Yep, seen that one, I even paid for the download before I realised it was on YouTube!
    It is cheesy and sometimes droles on, but the info is good.
    Once you have watched it a couple of times you start implementing it into your daily ride and it does make a difference.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Great track flat wide flowing o yes I would like a go on that

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yaya rider

Yaya rider Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Essex
    Where was this video when I first learn. No one ever explained positive steering to me until after I passed my test!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it's an excellent book and video for new comers and seasoned bikers,and once you take on board what they say, you start to notice all the mistakes other bikers are making!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yaya rider

Yaya rider Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Essex
    i can safely say, I always roll off the throttle in corners and struggle to get round. I know I ride tense as well, but always am consciously trying to relax.

Going to Brands Hatch on 10 April for a track day, so looking forward to really focusing on these techniques.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mappster

mappster Member

Jan 24, 2017
    North Wales
    I will watch this when I get home.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Corny as hell with the noisy brats in class, but very good information and tips on riding.
    Some stuff I knew, but a lot I didn't.
    It reminded me of when I went on a full one day advanced driving course, what I learned has stayed with me over the years and certainly made me into a better and safer rider / driver.
    1) Reading the road and paying attention to signage.
    2) Correct distance 'tyres and tarmac' in slow moving traffic or at lights etc. and the 'two second rule' when moving at speed.
    3) 'White Van man' the most dangerous man on the road.
    4) Overtaking where it's safe (don't hang about behind dawdlers getting frustrated)
    5) ABS practice on a muddy country lane, simply brilliant!

Me and my son are attending a four wheel vehicle off road training day soon, looking forward to that!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've been thinking about doing an IAM course for ages, but never seem to get round to it,I'm sure i have picked up some bad habits up over the years without realizing:oops: i know most of what the IAM teach is common sense but a refresher can only be a good thing..might get round to it this year:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  10. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    It reinforces the 'common sense', we can all tend to get a little complacent over the years.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Figwold and I have signed up with the Northampton group. Now trying to persuade Paul9908 to do so too cos there is only so much straight critique you can give to a mate - much easier to take in from a trained trainer. Aleks (newbie here) has also expressed an interest. I'll be looking for commission soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Might get your course for free Rich!

13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Watched it! Was interesting, you're right about cheesy! Every time the blonde one, out of the 2 guys spoke, I thought there was going to be a wishy-washy ripple effect transition into a dream of him achieving the manoeuvre they were discussing! Charlie's angels style

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Damn, already paid :)