Turn Indicator Replacement 2019 Tiger Xca

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kingsly Zissou, Apr 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kingsly Zissou

Kingsly Zissou Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Glendale, AZ
    So from what I've read...the infamous fragility of Tiger indicators come into play.

After dropping the Tiger a time or two in the dirt, the indicators (on both sides) were the first to hit the dirt and break. Literally cannot be fixed...back housing, screw bosses, etc.. are broken. Both indicators are being held together by duct or gaff tape. Now this might look tough (think battle scar from a bar fight), I'm starting to get tired of the look.

Options:

A) Replace them with low profile LED lights. Now having a CAN bus system, I've heard this can be tricky and possibly more expensive than the other two options.

B) Replace them with regular incandescent lights and splice the connectors to match tab A to slot B

C) Replace them with OEM indicators. Obviously the easiest, and actually not too expensive.

I'm hoping to replace them with something that may be a bit more robust and possibly a lower profile considering my propensity to ride a little rough in the dirt. Also...LED vs. incandescent I really don't care. I just think I can get a smaller unit going with LED.

Thanks in advance everyone.