Tuneecu Not Reading Map But Shows Other Functions.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Johnjo, Aug 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Can anyone work out what I'm doing wrong with tuneecu ?

Some history. I've not use the tune ecu programme for about 4 years. That was on my last bike. I never had a problem back then. I could remap at will, alter values and read off logged faults, etc, etc.

On my 2013 bonneville it's a different story. I'm using the same tuneecu programme with the same cable, ie no changes. I've downloaded a map I want to try in the bonneville. But when I connect it all up its as if the programme can't communicate with the ecu. The "connecting" light goes from static red through to flashing green then the display goes blank showing no colours . The laptop does show which map is currently loaded in the ecu, 20660, so it must be connected to some extent. I get a display saying unable to communicate with ecu and no values are displayed in any of the tables. It must be partially connected because I can access other parts of the programme.
    I can open the test and adjustments screens or whatever they are called and am able to amend stuff if I want to.

It's got me baffled. Just to confirm, ignition is on. Kill switch set to run. Side and head light fuses pulled, (only had to pull one fuse on the tiger to kill the lights). Battery is fully charged and connected to charger as well.

Can anyone suggest what's going on please ? Pretty please !!

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Have you tried updating the tunnel library ? download the latest drivers etc and try again.

hopefully that will get you sorted, also helps if you have a map open in "tuneecu" that is compatible with your bike, it confuses the issue if the map displayed is for a different model....?

• Like Like x 1