Tunecu. What/all You Need To Know.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sprinter, May 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yes looks fine.
    I believe you can even change maps with the Android tablet with full version of TuneEcu as long as you're connected via cable (not Bluetooth).
    However personally I've only done map upload via a Windows laptop, but no doubt Android would be fine too.
    (Android app is £7.93, Windows download is free)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I'm on newer system of connectors now, but remembering back to my 955i.......
    I think it's bad news, think the part that's snapped is part of the fuel pump. :(o_O
    Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

3. Garyg

Garyg Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Aberdeenshire
    Its threaded so its not part of the fuel pump

4. Garyg

Garyg Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Aberdeenshire
  5. Garyg

Garyg Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Aberdeenshire
    not part of fuel pump just got new steel conector from rs uk for 19 quid sorted

• Like Like x 1
  6. dam0195

dam0195 New Member

May 19, 2017
    Hampshire
  7. Garyg

Garyg Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Aberdeenshire
    yes i ordered that yesterday cheers

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Ok so I just got a decent Android phone so I will keep you posted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Personally unless you REALLY know what you're doing I would stay away from adjusting maps (and also maps others have adjusted) - unless it's being done on a dyno. Outside of having some dyno work done I would stick with Triumph issued maps, and of the correct match to your bike's VIN number.
    If you want to avoid/minimise the pops & bangs then you need to make sure the SAI valve has been disabled both physically and with the correct map (one of the hoses needs to be blocked to disable the valve physically) - but see caution below.

10170 map you have on at present by default is for TOR/aftermarket can with SAI enabled (you'll find a tick box to switch on or off in TuneECU), running in that mode it's worth checking the hoses haven't been blocked from a previous owners set-up (I used a marble between airbox and valve when I had a SprintST).
    Just decide whether you want to run standard or your Pipewerx exhaust and then if you want to minimise the pops choose the appropriate SAI disabled map and block the valve (many don't realise a physical block is also required).

Caution - I have read accounts of disabling the SAI as being a bad thing if a cat is still in the system, apparently the cat can disintegrate and start blocking the exhaust. (my SprintST had a TOR and de-cat link pipe, so was ok to run SAI disabled)

Yes, downloading an existing map from your ECU doesn't take too long, overwriting/uploading a new one takes quite a bit longer. Don't panic and let it take it's time, just be sure to adhere to all the warnings about switching off/pulling fuse to headlights and provide a backup external 12v supply. If the voltage drops too low during upload you might end up in a bad place.
    You need to do a Reset Adaption after the new map (it might do it automatically - I can't remember).
    And why not check the throttle body balance while you're at it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    before you download your new map onto your ecu make sure you copy the old one to your laptop, this can be done in the file commands of tuneecu, also before you adjust the new map make a copy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Davie_M

Davie_M Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Hamilton
    #51 Davie_M, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    2011 speed android bluetooth connection
    says ecu is corrupt load map to reset bike runs.
    Fine previous owner might have done something
    any ideas ? was going to get a cable and try with the lap top

only want it for the service light option