Sprint Tune Ecu S'ware And Lonelec Cable - Hissy Fit

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Flashp, Jul 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I thought I'd scan the ECU just to check for codes and unfortunately the software application failed to see the ECU despite repeated attempts. I tried different sequences of connection, software starting, ignition on but had no luck. Has anyone else experienced this?

It's a genuine Lonelec cable bought direct from them.

Cheers.

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I had a similar experience on my Daytona when I was using Windows XP. Switched to Win 7 and have had zero connection problems since :grinning:

3. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Hmm, I'm on 7 already for the garage. :confused:

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    It could be a faulty cable, anyone nearby with one that works?

5. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    What version of Tuneecu are you using? I did have more luck with the v2.5.7 version, although that could have been before I switched Windows :p
    You have checked the settings in Tuneecu I take it, for USB rather than a COM?

6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Are you getting the light on the cable coming on when you connect to the ECU?

7. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    It's the latest one, v2.5.8 I think. Yes for USB selection.
    Cheers.

8. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    No. Is that signal ECU derived or USB?

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  10. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’m pretty sure it’s from the ECU as mine lights up when connected to the OBD connector whether the cable is connected to the computer or not.
    Yours could be a faulty cable or it could be your OBD cable that’s got a fault. Corroded or pushed back pins in the plug maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I'll double check this, thanks for your suggestions.

12. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I've had no luck but would say that Lonelec have been as helpful as I would have hoped. I was sent another lead to try (without returning my old one) which unfortunately has made no difference in spite of their assistance. I think I may try the Android version, it seems to be the only fully supported/updated platform these days and the Sprint can be connected to by an inexpensive OTG lead to my phone. It's only £10.49 so not a massive gamble. Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    What are you trying to do with it, I’m not a million miles away from you and as long as you aren’t trying to change maps I could help.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Keep this thread updated if you wouldn't mind, I've found too many un-concluded threads on this. I'll let you know how my Android shenanigans go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve got Tuneecu working fine with my bike, loaded a new map successfully too.
    I’m happy to help out anyone who’s having problems if they want to visit me. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    are you sure it isn't down to the software installation?? I have used the same laptop and cable on 3 different triumphs. the only time I ever had problems I reinstalled the sofware and drivers. IIRC it may ask you to plug the cable into the laptop whilst it find drivers for it during the install

17. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    It was a last ditch for me. I noticed that support & updates for the windows version had stopped some time ago whereas the Android version was being updated very frequently. Android is probably a platform with fewer variables in term of hardware configuration, Windows on the other hand has much more scope to balls things up.

19. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I actually tried to connect to the ECU before I enabled the OTG feature in Android and, unsurprisingly, it didn't work at all.

20. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    It's an 'On The Go Cable' which, when the feature is set to on in Android, allows the USB port to read data without a PC. If you've not enabled this on your tablet whilst trying to connect to the ECU it could explain things for you hopefully.

• Like Like x 1