Tubed?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by pasher, Jul 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    T120 tyres are tubed, are they not?

2. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Thanks - I guess I knew that but just wanted confirmation.

3. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Yup deffo

4. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Look at the tyre sidewalls too. My T100 tyres say tubed.

5. tappers

tappers Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    #5 tappers, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    i have a triumph thruxton 900 with spoked wheels, with oem METZELER tyre's,on the side walls they are both marked TUBELESS,although they both have inner tube's in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Is there any risk in that? I don't know for sure (been too long since I've studied the insides of tyres) but I'd be wondering if the inner surface of a tubeless tyre may not be that smooth as the manufacturer will not necessarily be expecting users to put tubes in them. In the event of a blowout/crash and subsequent insurance claim I wonder if the thieves, I mean underwriters, would refuse to pay out if they noticed.

7. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Is there any risk in that? I don't know for sure (been too long since I've studied the insides of tyres) but I'd be wondering if the inner surface of a tubeless tyre may not be that smooth as the manufacturer will not necessarily be expecting users to put tubes in them. In the event of a blowout/crash and subsequent insurance claim I wonder if the thieves, I mean underwriters, would refuse to pay out if they noticed.

8. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Not a problem. You can run pretty much any tubeless tyre tubed. The tyre doesn't leak, the rim may - and tyre manufacturers have no idea what rims you will fit their tyres on.

9. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I was thinking more along the lines of the tyre being a bit rough on the inside chafing on the tube causing it to fail. If sticker glue can do it...

10. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Any rough spots can be sanded but there should be no appreciable chafing.......put it this way, my tubeless Pilot Activs have tubes on my T100. Talcum powder is the old remedy to stop tubes sticking to covers but there is no real rubbing, just flexing.