Tt600 - Where’s Does This Go ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by CraigC, Feb 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
    I recently changed my TT600 from one frame to another. It’s all MOT’d but it doesn’t run right. It idles badly and stutters when I open the throttle at different points of the rev range. It has error codes which the dealer couldn’t clear but seems to be being triggered around the loom by the clocks. I’ve got a plug left over that is wired directly to the battery by the lights bit not sure if To was even plugged into anything when I started. I’ve attached a pic hope that works.
    I also have a spare plug on top of the engine which I’m sure there is no partner for. And there is also a cable that appears to be clipped off which I didn’t do. Again I don’t know if it is needed.
    Any help or advice you can give is much appreciated.
    Cheers

1AA5B2BE-B7F7-41FF-ACF8-17DE7DC9C0D8.jpeg

A8525D5D-8588-46E7-9FAE-8E3FF6689C36.jpeg

E1D0BADB-D49E-4BF6-801D-031D832F5120.jpeg

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

The top one connected to the battery is for an optimate or similar battery charger/maintenance device :)
    Dunno about the other plug :confused:
    The cut wires definitely need further investigation :( do you know where they go to?:confused:

Looking at the second one again could it connect to the fuel tank???

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
    Ah yes, battery charger makes sense. Thanks. I can rule that out. I was putting off cutting up the loom wrapping to see where they all go but think I’ll have to do that.

4. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
  5. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
    No there is a white plug for the fuel tank that’s ok

6. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
    Thanks I’ll look into that.
    I know they can be buggers to run but it ran nice before.

7. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Middle one (grey connector) is probably the "for California only" connector, generally unused it's on many Triumphs, something to do with extra equipment needed for their emission regs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
    Ah right. Thanks.

9. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
    So the mysterious three cut off yellow wires? The circuit diagram only referd to three yellows going from reg/rectifier to alternator. So I can see that the three yellow wires go to my reg/rec as per the picture below. But you can see that there are also three blue/black wires also going to my reg/rec that are the ones that go to my alternator. So I am confused to say the least. I can see where they go but not what they should attach to, if my alternator is ok ?

11. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
  12. CraigC

CraigC New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Portsmouth
    Just been scouring other forums and this has come up before. Apparently there was a recall as the original alternator wiring was too small gauge. So a stand-alone blue/black harness was fitted. This makes sense as mine is a separate part of the loom. The original one is just snipped off. But don’t know why it’s still plugged in. Probably as it’s still the power and earths connections .