Tt600...running Lumpy Below4k

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mathew, Jun 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mathew

Mathew New Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Scotland
    Any body else's tt600 feel like it's got something stuck in its throat in the low reva n then it's like it coughs it out n takes off...anyone else experience this

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. MARK DOBSON

MARK DOBSON Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Houston TX
    Hi, is this a new condition or always been like this.?
    what year is it .
    have you had the map updated.
    cheers mark

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

Nov 10, 2020
    Berkshire
    I just bought a TT600. When researching them I found out that, due to the early fuel injection Sagem ECU, that the bikes had a fuelling issue below 4k rpm. Triumph updated the fuel maps over the 3 years the bike was on sale. So, I would look to see if you can get the mapping updated.

Saying that, mine had the fuel mapping updated by the dealership when I bought it two weeks ago and it still feels lumpy below 4k rpm. But I am happy to live with it. I also heard using TunECU software can help the bike but I have not explored that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MARK DOBSON

MARK DOBSON Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Houston TX
    I got the tune ecu program and it works very well ,once I got used to the android system .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Captain Klang

Captain Klang Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Yorkshire
    I have done a custom map for mine, smoothed everything out and it’s now seamless, no hesitancy or flat spots at all. I used the Windows version which is really easy (and free) and bought a Lonelec KKL cable. That makes a huge difference as it connects reliably all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Mathew
    Yes a tune ecu and cables are a terrific start. Put some carb cleaner through the system and on here a year or so ago there was a bit sold for the throttle grip nipple that made a great difference to people's bikes you would have to search for it if no one knows what its called. I think it got some you tube time as well.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1