Tt 2019 Ferry Bookings

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Tiglet, May 22, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    If anyone is thinking of going to the 2019 TT the Steam Packet Ferry Company are now taking bookings.

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    You haven't even been to this one yet! :cool::cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    The Steam Racket Co, oops sorry, Steam Packet Co moved the booking dates forward by a week last year.
    In 2016 my carer and I were in Douglas on the Monday of TT practice week and there was a queue at the ferry terminal building of people booking for the following years TT 2017 sailings and I know of people who queued for at least 3+ hours and they didn’t get the sailings that they wanted.

Such is the draw of the island at the TT and the Classic TT/MGP festivals.

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    It's whats put me off going :confused::confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Everyone who rides should go at least once Steve, it’s Magic o_O

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I don’t know you pensioners, is that all you think about, money money money.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. wizard

wizard Member

8. wizard

wizard Member

guys, i personally go to the southern 100 and the manx ,(the main tt is way too much just full of lunatics imho ) its not that expensive ferry return going from Liverpool to iom and the same return not bloody silly sailing times £132 my bnb £25 per night includes a full English ,the fuel is expensive over there but it can be done on a budget me personally i go to port jack chippy for 5 nights on the bounce fish,chips, mushy peas cup of tea £10 and i bloody love it ,either the manx of southern 100 are brilliant lots of time to go round the isle which is beautiful island and its a lot safer and calmer and more laided back
    if you only go the once you will love it ,but do it on a bike to get the feel of the place etc
    jason

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I go to the Southern100 myself and usually flag marshal at Roy Gellings farm halfway down Billown Dip for both the Pre TT Classic and the July International but just going to the July International this year and not flag marshalling I also go to the Classic TT/Manxgp

I suppose it could be done cheaper if you camp, not for me thought.

For the Southern100 I’m paying £138 for daytime sailings Liverpool-IOM Saturday to Friday and £128 for the Classic TT/Manx gp again daytime sailings from Liverpool Thursday to Thursday.
    Most Ferry and accommodation prices do get increased when the motorcycle festivals are on.
    If you attend any major sporting event in the world then you have to expect to pay more for the pleasure and as the IOM has limited accommodation and as there's only one ferry company allowed to use the ferry terminals I don’t think the prices are to bad.
    I enjoy the IOM so the cost involved doesn’t matter.