Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Featured Rideout Trying The Bar And Sheild

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by DCS222, Nov 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Senior Member

May 22, 2017
    Cumbria
    #1 DCS222, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Ok, not on my Trumpet but yesterday I was treated to a tour with these guys... http://www.lindtours.co.uk
    My wife bought me the “Twisted one” tour, and we went out on 2018 Softail Heritage with the 107 cubic inches of Milwaukee V powered grunt. The dealer was a big German dude called Axel, very pleasant to meet and got us sorted with the bike and there was another rider... lets call him Tom... who was also very nice.
    My wife hasn’t been on the back of a bike for years and was a little apprehensive... but she needn’t have worried, the Heritage is a big, comfortable cruiser and a pretty stable platform.
    True to the advert, Axel took us from Guildford via lots of the South’s small twisty lanes down toward the coast. Tom’s inexperience showed in places... he was on a big white FatBoy... wobbling round some corners, foot out with that “Shit, I don’t wanna drop a 20 grand bike!” kinda tension that is self-perpetuating! Axel was cool enough to ride to his pace, and to give Tom his due, a lot of the roads were thick with mud, grease, leaf mold and shit road repairs... and he had more tourque in his right mitt than he’s ever known.
    As some of the roads opened up, the pace quickened... allowing the addictive application of grunt that makes the Bar and Sheild the lifestyle choice for so many, with a deep rumbling soundtrack that adds to the experience. We arrive at Whiteways cafe, Bury Hill’s famous bikers meet that even a Northern Monkey like myself has heard of. Big brew and cake time, then off down past Arundel’s castle and a rumble off to a photo shoot outside Goodwood’s race track... then it’s time to crack on back towards Guildford using a great combination of fast A n’ B roads... Tom’s getting familiar with his ride now, his grin growing.
    We finally park back up at the lifestyle palace that is Lind’s Guildford Harley branch... more grins, handshakes and a chill out brew before driving the 320 miles back home with some great memories.

66D0BC62-C83E-4D8E-BC9E-9D74E78BBF27.jpeg

4EBA8B46-AF87-463D-A93F-16F938D82699.jpeg

48DCC3D7-434A-4390-B999-D84F1098C6FC.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Nice one DCS :grinning:

The dude in the last photo has got the "Bad Ass Bro" look down to a tee! :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Senior Member

May 22, 2017
    Cumbria
    My brothers comment “can I see a Fat Boy?”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Senior Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Nice! That's my local Harley garage and they're great guys there!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    That’s great!
    Having never ridden a Harley myself, can you answer a question for me: do they not idle? Every time a Harley comes in to a stop or leaves a cafe or is travelling slowly down a street the riders are always continuously blipping the throttle, do they not work at low revs?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

That'll be the small cock compensation device Crispey. It comes in the Screaming Eagle kit along with the ridiculously loud pipes etc :cool: :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. DCS222

DCS222 Senior Member

May 22, 2017
    Cumbria
    It’s a common motorcycle owners fault I’m afraid... made worse if there’s a plate glass window opposite the lights! Gotta make sure you look as goooood as you soooooound!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DCS222

DCS222 Senior Member

May 22, 2017
    Cumbria
    I didn’t know it had one of them, I’d have stayed on it a bit longer

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I found with my Harley when you blipped the gas it slipped into gear better without clunking and crashing in. I still do it on my Bonnie. Just A little bleep to ease the gears. But my 900 still clunks I think they call it a positive gearbox but I don't like it. There that's my two pence worth anyway. But DCS222 Have you purchased one yet.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

10. DCS222

DCS222 Senior Member

May 22, 2017
    Cumbria
    No mate... more muck than brass at my house

11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    DCS222
    Are you sure the other half wasn't hinting. I think she might want to buy you one. Wait for Santa see if it growls and burbles.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nice write up mate, a different way to pass a day, hell of a round trip to do it though, nice that you have now seen some of the places us Southerners go on about, shame they didn't bring you back via Loomies!

• Like Like x 1