Trophy Trophy to replace k1300gt?

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Col, May 22, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Col

Col New Member

May 22, 2016
    Ledbury
    Time to find a replacement for my BMW k1300gt. Looking seriously at the Trophy but would like to know what owners think. A good move?

2. Col

Col New Member

May 22, 2016
    Ledbury

3. Col

Col New Member

May 22, 2016
    Ledbury
    Thanks littleaid I've got a test ride booked with Cheltenham on Wednesday. Riding down on the bm with my better half. My main concern is the lower power of the trophy although I've been told the engine is more characterful. Any thoughts on reliability?

4. Col

Col New Member

May 22, 2016
    Ledbury
    Tried the rt but couldn't get on with the boxer engine and the 1600 is too big. Other options the gtr1400 kwaka or fjr Yamaha. I suppose the Honda pan is also on my radar but it's a bit long in the tooth. Forgot about the trophy until a few days ago, and I'm hoping it will fit the bill.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    It doesn't help the Triumph, but MCN (11 may issue) tested the 1400GTR, the BMW R1200RT LE, the Honda Pan and the FJR 1300 against each other.
    The verdict:
    "Honda finished last - good bike 15 years ago and still is but can't match the newer competition.
    Kawasaki is the cheapest but you won't feel disappointed owning it.
    Yamaha - impressive, has clever rider modes and suspension but not overcomplicated - smoother than the BMW, more power and torque and well balanced handling.
    BMW first choice and ultimate tourer - most comfortable and best appointed - (also the most expensive!)

Hopefully a Trophy owner will be along to give their view!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Col I owned a TTSE from new for three years and traded it about a month ago. Had no real problems in three years with all the recalls completed by Triumph/Dealer without any issues. Toured 2up all across Europe again no issues. Likely one of the best bikes I've owned, only got rid as I wanted to go back to a cruiser.

Wessa

• Like Like x 1