Trophy Trophy 1200 SE being discontinued

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by BonnieCat, Nov 7, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    So it looks like the Trophy is going to be discontinued, and I believe 2017 is the last year. It's a shame as its a great bike.

Any of you planning to get rid of your SE in light of this.

As for me I've invested a lot in this bike so can't justify swapping it out just yet. My 2013 model only has 7000kms on the clock so should have plenty of life left. The problem I found after riding something else and comparing it to the Trophy is just how weather protected you are, how good the toys are and just how practical it is.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I plan to bring it when I come to Kielder - no worries.
    Apparently Triumph aren't replacing it. They are sticking mostly with bikes like the Bonnie and Adventure bikes which is where the sales are. In a lot of ways Triumph are to blame for the poor sales for not promoting the Trophy enough.

3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it's a shame they are not going to have a proper tourer in the range, Triumph seem to be Like The Kinks once said

• Like Like x 1
  4. TriumphForever

TriumphForever New Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Australia
    I asked my Triumph dealer today about availability of a 2017 Trophy ( in Blue ). He said that the Trophy was not listed on his price list. He made a phone call to Triumph Australia and they had none left in stock and were not getting any more. There are a few in other dealers in other states of Australia but not in Tasmania(where I live), but they only have black, not blue.

So the Trophy is finished in Australia and when the last remaining ones are sold that's it; no more. A really sad day.

Looks like I will be hanging onto my '98 1200 Trophy for a while yet...................