Trophy 1200 Phone Mount Options

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by tomrx7, Aug 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tomrx7

tomrx7 Member

Aug 11, 2019
    glasgow
    been scratching my head trying to figure out where could possibly attach a ram mount or such to the bike but there’s zero room on the handlebars , I did notice what appears to be redundant mirror mounts next to the reservoirs on both sides of the handle bars, what size bolts do they take, thinking maby a ram ball for clamps might work, think they use m8 bolts

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    The top yoke nut is a good place. Drill and tap the nut and fit a Ram ball.
    If you’re not confident doing it yourself, this guy makes the mounts. http://www.telferizer.com/products/

3. Dawie Viljoen

Dawie Viljoen Member

Oct 23, 2019
    Randfontein, South Africa
    Hi I've loosened my left handlebar and placed fairly large washers under the left hand two bolt fittings. The bolt closest to the key gets a flat bar ( same thickness as the washers) with a one inch ball on it . Replace the handlebar and position the ball towards the right hand side of the bike. Tighten the tree allen key bolts. Now bend the ball to the middle of the handle bar behind the key position and upwards. Now you can fit any phone carrier that you like onto the ball. I've used the one shown in the attached picture. I've also picked up power from underneath the cubby hole to the Phone holder. There is a usb port underneath my holder which I use to charge the phone while riding.

Trophy phone holder mount 2.jpg

Trophy phone holder mount.jpg

4. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Wonder what your final decision was. The mirror mounts on the Street Twin are both right hand thread M10 x 1.25. I think a fairly standard thread for mirrors, but some have a left hand thread one side.