Triumph's Latest Bike Out Today !!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thebiglad, Jun 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    From a 2500cc to that - blimey, well the world has indeed gone mado_O

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Windy

Windy First Class Member

Aug 16, 2019
    Shropshire
    Must be a bad link, the photo has a great big hole where the engine should be!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not sure I would pay that much for a cycle without an real engine.....

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

3 grand for a push bike oh my giddy aunt,or words to that effect:)

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bulldog had a fantastic mountain bike in their showroom for £800 I think. But you know I can't ride a bike.
    Regards
    Joe

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    It is ill advised to follow in Harley's footsteps. Why is Triumph doing it? Can't they see what is happening to Harley?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    JTC
    Because in days gone by the Triumph bicycle was an every day item and ever so popular. So bring back the item and it is a good side line.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  9. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Well, maybe, but I'd bet it wasn't electric and I'll bet people aren't lined up to pay that much for them. That is the Harley lesson.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    £3000 is not expensive for a good quality electric pushbike these days. A mate of mine is a massive mountain and trail biker along with motorcycles, he paid a lot more for his electric pushbike I can tell you

12. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    £3000 is not expensive for a good quality electric pushbike these days. A mate of mine is a massive mountain and trail biker along with motorcycles, he paid a lot more for his electric pushbike I can tell you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    I guess it's all a perspective and priority thing. I'd never pay three grand for any bicycle, electric or not. Even when I was into bicycle road racing I only paid $600 for my bike and cringed badly while doing it. LOL I don't begrudge anyone for paying what they want for what they want.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    You might be surpprised at just how common and expensive 'electric' bikes are :-

https://www.evanscycles.com/electric-bikes/electric-road-bikes_c

https://www.evanscycles.com/electric-bikes/electric-hybrid-bikes_c

https://www.evanscycles.com/electric-bikes/electric-mountain-bikes_c

They are, I gather, really good to ride and, in most cases, the electric motors are an "assist" function rather than a complete replacement for the human effort involved.

If it gets more people out of cars - especially in cities - it has to be 'a good thing'. Doesn't it?

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Whilst I'm sure it will be perceived as a good electric bike, over here you can get electric bikes from about 800€.

And yes, the cheaper ones will almost certainly be made in China, so not supporting 'local' economies, but where do we think the Triumph one is made ????

This move seems to be startlingly like the recent economic model of Harley Davidson - and they are slowly but surely 'going down the gurgler".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I've got a BMW electric bike (2nd generation, they're now on to a 3rd).

It is, like Adie suggests, "assist" rather than "powered" and I think this has been a requirement for a little while now.

Absolutely brilliant thing and BMW were knocking them out for about £1000 off a while back which, as they are a few hundred less expensive than the Triumph in the first place made them the least expensive of the crank-motored (rather than wheel-motored) bikes out there.

It has got me back into cycling for my commute which is excellent, however in the 2 years I've had it it has probably only saved me about £180 in petrol and maybe £40 in parking which means I need to run it for more than 15 years to just break even.

It has got me out of the car and onto a bike though so it's worth it in that regard.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I might be wrong but I'm guessing Portugal

18. fljab

fljab Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Mims, Florida, USA
    Even Yamaha is offering an ebike these days, so it's not just Harley and Triumph.. They're the coming thing. To be honest, I've been looking for one and deciding how much to spend as we have a dedicated bike trail near my house. In the US, they've been taking old railroad tracks no longer in use and converting them to running/bicycle trails. I figure it's a great way to the pub if nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    But at least it’s been designed in the UK by “Triumph’s world leading styling team” :joy::joy::joy:
    What a fookin piss take!!:confused:

EF9DB60F-CB72-43A8-A9F9-1566CE89DF5E.png

20. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I'm waiting for the TFC edition where they spray is a different colour and bolt the pedals on Hinckley

• Funny Funny x 2