Triumph Vs. Honda Vtx

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Joe61, Oct 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Joe61

Joe61 New Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Kansas
    I've always rode a Honda but haven't rode in about 5 years because I sold the last one to fix up an old car I had. My son just bought a bike and I'm wanting to start riding with him. So naturally I started looking at the Honda VTX again as that is what I rode before. But..then I saw a Triumph and have been intrigue. I don't see too many of them on the roads here in Kansas but there are a few for sale near here. I'm looking for a Cruiser so can you all help in your opinion on which Triumph would come the closest to a VTX 1300. I think they have around 60 hp. too. Thanks in advance and appreciate your time.
    Joe

2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    I think the Triumph America is what your looking for. I do not have experience with that bike, though. I'm sure others will be along to share some good info.

I don't know about there, but here in NM Triumphs went quickly when I could find one.

• Like Like x 3
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

America would be fine :)
    I had an 865 Speedmaster and it handled motorway speeds and above no problem :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    What part of Kansas