Triumph Trophy 1200 Top Yoke Alternative to fit Streetfighter Bars

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by QuadumphUK, Apr 15, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Hi All
    Just in process of finishing my Trophy 1200 1998 and at moment have fitted clipons from a zxr 750 h2 which have fitted nicely. I`m also thinking along lines of streetfighter bars at a later date. Does anyone know which top yoke from triumph range would allow this conversion ?
    I seem to remember someone saying that the Thunderbird Sport top yoke was one to use as had the pinch bolts on front of yoke as apposed to on rear on standard thunderbird yoke or is it a completely different bike altogether and I`m remembering it wrong.
    Cheers if you can help.

2. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Got the answer it is the Thunderbird Sport that fits and not the standard Thunderbird yoke

3. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    Are all the T300 fork legs the same diameter ?

4. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Not to sure as T300 covers a large range. Might be worth putting up a question on the forum. There`s alot of people on here with better knowledge than myself

5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Someone's already suggested that and he blocked him :rolleyes:

6. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    If you are referring to me, I blocked an idiot, that was pestering me. End of.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    According to the Bible, Hinckley Triumphs the First Generation book, all the range of T300 bikes had 43mm dia forks. They did vary in length though ie Tiger and some had rebound adjustment too, ie Daytona , speed triple, sprint sport.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    Does that book say, which bikes had a top yoke, that would take a set of standard risers ? I know a bloke who needs to fit them on a Daytona. Thank you.

9. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    No sorry it doesn't say. I believe you can drill the top yoke and fit bar risers from something like a Tiger. You have to be careful which yokes you use as the rake? angle is different. See original post, think it was thunderbird sport ones.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    Thank you.for looking mate. Drilling is a good option. But matey would prefer a factory part, if there is one that will fit.