Triumph tiger sport 2013 neutral light

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Scooter 1973, Jan 5, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scooter 1973

Scooter 1973 New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Hi
    First forum I have ever joined since the tinterweb started so please go easy on me.
    Picked up the above bike last week ( ex demonstrator)have an issue with the neutral light yet the local dealer cannot find any fault with it
    Any help would be great
    After the bike has been used and warmed up the neutral light doesn't appear to work correctly..
    Returned from a ride out today selected neutral and the light never came on although it was in neutral!!!
    Put the side stand down but bike still in upright position and the bike cut out.
    Leant the bike on the stand with engine off and neutral light came on.
    Put bike in upright position with Stand out and the light went out!!!
    Started the bike with clutch in and no neutral light with stand out but in upright position

I am presuming the issue is with a sensor on the stand but still doesn't explain why neutral light doesn't work with the bike running and stand in
    This is the first triumph I have owned and love the bike just getting a little stressed with this neutral light issue

2. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Screwball's probably the one to help with this - he'll be along in a minute...

3. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Suggest you put it on the main stand (if fitted) or enlist someone you trust to hold the bike upright, put the sidestand up then turn the ignition on, you should be able to push the plunger of the sidestand switch in with a finger if its sticky ie staying in then you need some WD40 on it....failing that try Tiger 1050 Forum or find another dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #4 Screwball, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    Link the switch to earth and it should come on. It may be broken cable from the switch. If you have a continuity meter you should be able to trace the cable back and unplug it to test it through.

5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    The side stand safety cut out switch has nothing to do with the neutral switch itself.. its probably just faulty and you can buy them.. Unfortunately if you take it to the dealer and it works fine they won't do much else.
    They can't spend ages looking for faults especially at £50 an hour or whatever they charge, it would cost you a fortune. ?

New part is TRIUMPH ADVENTURER DAYTONA SPEED TRIPLE SPRINT NEUTRAL OIL SWITCH + HARNESS | eBay

You may want to drain some oil out 1st

• Like Like x 1
  6. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Feel free to ignor my previous post as I must have been having a senior moment:wink: but the 1050 forums ok:upyeah: