Tiger 800 Triumph Tiger 800 Xrx Low - Quick Ride Review

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Hippo-Drones, May 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    The wonderful chaps at Destination Triumph very kindly loaned me the awesome Tiger XRX (Low) while my Street Triple 765 R is in for it's first service, here are a few of my own thoughts/opinions on the bike:

• Like Like x 2
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    nice one hippo, you should give the 1200 a go.
    @steve lovatt and i took the 800 and the 1200 out and for some reason I really liked the feel of the 1200, maybe cos I have an old 800 and the difference between that and the new one is negligible compared to the difference between mine and the 1200.
    I did have an 800 low as a loaner some time ago and that persuaded me to buy a tiger. I found the low to be a bit more planted. To be honest, if youre going off road you'd get an Xc I would think, but 12 grand is a lot to throw around on the gravel

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Aye, £12k is a lot to throw around the tarmac too! :D
    I was not very good in the mud, but always enjoyed riding bikes off road when I had one, not sure I'd be able to manage 1200cc in the mud, I struggled on my KTM 200! :D

4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i'll maybe see if i can get the 1200 for a few days while i get the big service done on my speed triple..don't know if the scottish dealers will be as kind as destination triumph though:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I just wish I'd not been working 12hr night shifts when they loaned it to me, would have put a good few more miles on it had I been able to, lovely bike! :)