Triumph thunderbird storm recall

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by JACKO, Nov 19, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JACKO

JACKO Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Any other owners received a letter from triumph?

Had one informing me to book my thunderbird for a ECU replacement, as there is a possibility that the bike may cut out run on one cylinder.

On the reverse of the letter which must be filled in and returned to triumph when the bike is booked in.

Seems a strange request when I don't know when I can get this done?

Surely the dealer should send the information when it has been done?

Anyway just wondered if any other owners had got the letter, and letting others know of the problem with the ECU

Cheers Pete

• Like Like x 1
  2. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Interesting news Pete. I presume you filling in the form cuts down on admin for the dealer. However I wouldn't fill the form in until the work has been done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JACKO

JACKO Member

Sep 25, 2013
    It must be a very recent recall, as on the triumph site you can check for recalls by submitting your vin no.

I did this and nothing comes up for my bike?

I will give the dealer and see what they say, I wont return the form until the work is done.

Intersting that a lot of triumph models have had recalls from dodgy wheel bearings on the thunderbird, neutral switch speed triple and defective steering on the street.

Doesn't swell me with confidence!

• Like Like x 1
  4. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Mind you Pete, it could mean that Triumph have their finger on the pulse and react to any problems that do arise swiftly.
    My main concern would be if an owner missed a recall and didn't get a particular problem rectified.

• Like Like x 1