Triumph Thunderbird Change Of Size In Cooling System

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Havit, Aug 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    As some of you may know I changed the engine in my 900 Thunderbird , I'm starting to put it all back together and found that the elbow that returns water to the back of the engine from the water pump is a different size ( holes are 50mm apart were 42mm apart) I phoned world of triumph but without a vin number they cant help me.
    I tried looking at early vin numbers and later vin numbers and both give the same part number ? The only info I have is it's a 2002 engine and engine number , any suggestions?

2. Derek Usher

Derek Usher New Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Christchurch Dorset

3. Derek Usher

Derek Usher New Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Christchurch Dorset
    Hi I have a 2011 Storm I was on a trip in Spain 1000 miles into the trip I stopped for petrol and bum rest got on the bike turned the key nothing happened 5 or so second then heard the fuel pump nothing waited 50 sec started but engine management light on and no fuel gauge stats working after some time clock and trip counter go back to zero when engine stopped did this for the rest of the trip got home plugged OBD11 in 2 faults 1wire had come off my air box sensor the other was bus fault removed tank checked connections faults cleared fuel gauge starts working after 500Mt but still have to wait 50sec to start bike and engine light still on. How do I reset the light
    Thanks DerekU

4. Derek Usher

Derek Usher New Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Christchurch Dorset
    Hi I have a 2011 Storm I was on a trip in Spain 1000 miles into the trip I stopped for petrol and bum rest got on the bike turned the key nothing happened 5 or so second then heard the fuel pump nothing waited 50 sec started but engine management light on and no fuel gauge stats working after some time clock and trip counter go back to zero when engine stopped did this for the rest of the trip got home plugged OBD11 in 2 faults 1wire had come off my air box sensor the other was bus fault removed tank checked connections faults cleared fuel gauge starts working after 500Mt but still have to wait 50sec to start bike and engine light still on. How do I reset the light
    Thanks DerekU

5. Derek Usher

Derek Usher New Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Christchurch Dorset
    Thanks DerekU

6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    #6 Helmut Visor, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Am afraid you've jumped all over Havit's thread here Derek but 3 hot/cold starts should clear it....not sure how to clear all 3 repeats of your question or the underlining thing you've got going on though.
    @Havit, sorry mate no idea but am sure there are enough knowledgable people who will be able to.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Speaking to a guy on eBay, his sending me an elbow off a sprint st 995, apparently they are 50 mm so I'll give it a go

• Like Like x 2