Triumph the future and the Daytona 250

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by SteveJ, May 24, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    #1 SteveJ, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Just been reading about the planned Daytona and unfaired Triumph 250 single which is meant to be due out either late this year or early next year.
    These bikes are believed mainly to be aimed at the Indian market (where they have just opened dealerships) as well as other emerging countries.

These markets are huge when you look at the number of units Honda sell there and if Triumph can get into this then the revenue that they could spend some serious money on research and maybe we would see a big Daytona lining up on the grid for WSB/BSB which would be great.

The only other thing that they need to do with this 250 single engine is look at putting it in a off road version and possibly call it a Tiger Cub (to keep a old name)

These bikes would also be coming over this way as it would be a great way to introduce new and young riders to the Triumph brand.

Anyway interesting times ahead.

daytone 250.jpg 250 Street Triple.jpg

Looking at the bikes they have gone for conventional forks on the bike and a single disc and they have kept the styling very close to it's big brothers.

With regards to the engine as it is aimed at the emerging nations market mainly then I would suggest economy and reliability would be the main focus but I'm sure it won't be a slug either.

Price wise I would expect it to be somewhere near or less than the Honda CBR 250 or the new Yamaha 250 that is also due to come out soon.

I would also suggest that these bikes would be made in either Thailand or Brazil. Yes Triumph has a factory there as well factory 6 in Manaus (where ever that is) :wink:

Anyway not bad for a company that only produced it's first bike in 1990. :upyeah:

Cheers

Steve

daytone 250.jpg

250 Street Triple.jpg

2. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Great idea for a new little Tiger Cub, as iconic as the Bonnie for me. Be nice to see a small commuter with 1/2 bikini rear retro faring again. I'd certainly have to have one....Dreammmmmm as the Everly Bros said...:upyeah: