Triumph T140D 1980 rewire.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by T140special, Nov 21, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. T140special

T140special New Member

Nov 21, 2015
    uk
    Replacing the wiring loom with a single diode connection electric ignition loom from L.P.Williams, we have all the lights working except for the indicators and indicator console light.
    The wiring is connected as shown in my original hand book, with all Headlight wires matching on new and old loom when placed side by side before fitting, except for a red and white wire which we discovered was for the electric start model. We have tried many assorted wiring combinations in the head lamp without success.
    Can any one "shed light"! on where we are going wrong! the old wiring loom is an original fitting from the Triumph factory.

2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    sorry no electrician but just wondered if you have checked out the flasher relay.

3. T140special

T140special New Member

Nov 21, 2015
    uk
    We have had the flasher unit clicking an it was working before replacing the loom

4. T140special

T140special New Member

Nov 21, 2015
    uk
    Thank you Sprint Dave.

5. 77bonnie

77bonnie Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Gulf Shores, Alabama
    If you haven't found the fix.....No flashers, Check you grounding. Before you spend a fortune on parts, put a screw driver between the headlamp bracket and the forks. I had the same problem after a new harness was put on and found the fix by accident when I touched the bracket to the frame with a jump wire. The Fix: a wire between the inside nut of the flasher arm on the bracket and the bolt holding the bracket to the forks. Ground, or as you Brits put it Earth....