Triumph Sprint St 955i 2004

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gary Rix, Sep 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gary Rix

Gary Rix New Member

Aug 28, 2020
    Cardiff
    Hi Guys,

I have a silly question I'm afraid but I just want to make sure before I do anything.

I want to install a yoke stem RAM ball mount on my bike. Can someone tell me if the nut in the picture requires taking off or if its just a cap on top of the nut that need removing, I cant tell by looking at it and dont want to start banging a cap off its not a just a cover, and the ram mount then slides down the middle and then requires tightening.

Thanks for any help in advance

InkedIMG_4258_LI.jpg

2. ChrisJHuff

ChrisJHuff Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2020
    County Durham
    what you have there is the top yoke domed nut... it holds the top yoke on.... comes off without too much effort....the illustrtaed diagram is for my 2001 RS but they are pretty much the same

Front Forks.jpg

3. Gary Rix

Gary Rix New Member

Aug 28, 2020
    Cardiff
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. So I'm presuming if I remove it I will have to replace it with a nut with no dome on to allow me to put the ram ball in there?

4. ChrisJHuff

ChrisJHuff Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2020
    County Durham
    I certainly wouldn't want to ride around with the top yoke unsecured to the yoke stem........ someone on here must have achieved the fitting of a ram ball at some time - give it time and see if anyone responds

• Like Like x 1