Featured Triumph Speedmaster New Corbin Seat

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Jacknzone, Feb 28, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jacknzone

Jacknzone Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2020
    Christchurch NZ
    The seat is comfortable but the support for the lower back took about 100km to get use to it. I sit higher and more forwards to the tank and I have found it is a better seating position for me. Very easy to install around about 30 mins. Their was only one problem installing the seat, it would not go into place with out moving the Tank as the seat is very close to the tank so when I need to take the seat off I will have to remove two bolts that hold the tank up to give me room to lift the back of the seat up but this is not a Biggy Ordered on the 22.12.2020 got here in New Zealand on the 27.02.2021

20210228_102002.jpg

20210228_102011 - Copy.jpg

20210228_102019.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Very plush Jack, looking good.
    Pretty decent order turnaround too, for this time of year and state of the planet

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Jacknzone

Mar 5, 2020
    Christchurch NZ
    Hi Dartplayer
    I was going to test the seat out today 18.08.21 was going to ride up to Auckland but you know what has happen so will go over Xmas.
    Just a little up date nearly sold the bike about four months ago , hit a bump in the road over taking a car about 200 km into 450 km ride, got home had a sore back for about 3 weeks ended up see the doc turn out had a compound fracture of the spine took weeks to come right and this was another reason for the ride to Auckland to test out the back. Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Jacknzone.
    Looking good do let us all know how it goes. I did the similar thing on my Bonneville and also installed progressive springs front and back as all the UK roads are like dirt tracks.
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Bugger with the lockdown, but weather has been sketchy, so Xmas should be good. :pBest wishes with the back :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi @Jacknzone, your seat has been on my mind for some time :cool: So with lockdown and free time :mask: my wife said why not, so I have put my order in :p looking forward to seeing it made

98C423A9-B25C-4F30-A3F7-AE7A6E81953D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jacknzone

Mar 5, 2020
    Christchurch NZ

I'm very happy with my seat the only trouble I've had with the seat and it's not a Biggy I have to loosen the tank bolts and move the tank forward to get the seat off, I think you will be happy with it, I like the colour scheme you have picked.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    That's good to know because it would be a biggy for me as I have to adjust the rear suspension very regularly for riding with or without a passenger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1