Triumph Scrambler 1200 Xe - Front Fender Extension

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FlyingMuleRIder, Jun 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FlyingMuleRIder

FlyingMuleRIder Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Montana
    I currently own a 2020 1200 XE w/ the high fender option. When I ride the bike in any kind of mud it packs the radiator full and thus begins the overheating process.

I find it a bit shocking the Triumph has not resolved this issue (see photo).

Has anyone found a commercial product, in the way of a fender extension to resolve this problem??

Thanks- Dave

Fender.jpg

2. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I guess you are wanting to extend the hugger as there is no room to extend the mud guard. I fitted the Triumph extender to my standard mudguard Street Twin and it has reduced muck in the radiator. I wonder if the standard scrambler extender would fit the hugger?

3. FlyingMuleRIder

FlyingMuleRIder Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Montana
    guess you are wanting to extend the hugger as there is no room to extend the mud guard. I fitted the Triumph extender to my standard mudguard Street Twin and it has reduced muck in the radiator. I wonder if the standard scrambler extender would fit the hugger?

Yes- you are correct extend the black "hugger" below the high fender.

4. Haro

Haro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Australia
    Dead simple to make one yourself as per the other thread and the mounts are there already and waiting on the lower front mudguard.