Rideout Triumph Owner RideOut

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by JimDiesel, Mar 13, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Well, Spring is only round the corner now....
    How we all feeling about a big triumph ride out??

2. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Any idea on starting location/route to ride Jim?

3. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Not yet mate, need to gauge numbers who want to go, then set up poll for location, duration etc....
    Open to suggestions also buddy

4. Scrambler

Scrambler New Member

Mar 12, 2013
    is that just big Triumphs or can little ones come as well?:biggrin:

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    There's always room for a little one :smile: I would be up for a ride out, biggest problem is everyone agreeing a date. Sundays are best for me; the Mrs would probably bring her Street Triple along as well. Derbyshire is nice with perhaps Monyash as a stop off point Or perhaps Rutland water way; there are some great roads up towards Melton and Market Harborough.

Much depends on where everyone lives but quite a few are Nottingham Leicester.

6. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    @ Scrambler, all triumphs, big, small, middle, old n new!! The more the merrier!

@ Rich, agreed, it's down to numbers locations and availability, shall we set a date first, can put a thread as a timed poll with say three Sundays, then once a date set gather locations and set timed poll for route....
    And hey presto we will have ride out!! I'm happy to start the poll off if you like :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Midlands would be cool for me obviously, sundays are always good as thats my only day off.
    Rutland would be a good ride. Or the B6047/664.

8. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    We do a great route out to Rutland water..
    I propose then a Sunday (dtba) anyone who wants to. Come from further a field (CC Steve) can stop over at mine, and ofhers, can Accommodate another four... Lets rock it!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Can we book some decent weather?

10. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    I feel your pain!!:redface:

11. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    If you do Rutland Water, as there seems to be a lot of folks from the E.Mids, how about Donington services as a start point, over to Kegworth then take the A6006 to Melton (great road!) & on to the cafe on the South side. The last time I was there the cafe on the N. shore had become a poncey Italian affair.

ps. I hope all you Speed & Street Triple owners don't expect me on my America to be keeping up with you in the twisties, I'm quite happy to cruise along at me own pace & can find me own way there & back.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  12. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham

Hey Workshy, I think ive ridden that route and your right it's awesome, great idea and also great venue to meet...
    All we need now is a day and some sun!!!

Lol,
    You cruisers will be leading the way.. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Yep it's a real :biggrin: the 6006. As for the cruisers leading the Explorers, Tigers, 675's & 1050's on that road? Yeah right, as if! :rolleyes:

Just a fine dry day'll do me, I keep me eye on the BBC long range forecast, but sometimes think I might as well just check me corns!

• Like Like x 1
  14. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    LMAO NICE....

It's not a race day, ride out mobbed up!!

Anyone organised one before? I haven't and need hints n tips or someone to take the lead...

One might of thought the Triumph dealers on this forum would of stepped up and suggested....

15. jack1050

jack1050 Member

Feb 2, 2013
    all ya need is 3 or 4 nominated riders with hi viz, one at the lead,,one taking up the rear,, 1 or 2 just in case you have any problems or riders falling way behind the group.. then you need the 2nd or 3rd rider in the group marking any turns the route takes ,, however every rider needs to know if they are 2nd or 3rd that they have to stop .. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    'The Drop Off' method, right? Just me I know, but I'm not a big fan of being overly organised, (rebel without a clue!) you don't want a mad race, but it's not a school outing, we're all consenting adults, got phones & are capable of reading a map/road sign. But if I come along I'll go with the flow.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Know what you mean about it being "over organised" it's a bit like going back to school. Been on one or two group tours where you just set off and follow each other and if there is a turn you wait at that turning until you see the person behind coming, they will do the same to the person behind them. Quite often you will have a more experienced/faster rider at the rear. We have been know to lose riders that way but if everyone knows where we are heading its not normaly an issue.

I do now have a garmin 660 that you are supposed to be able to plan a route and share the map, bit clueless so far in how to use mapping software. Think the services at Donington would be a reasonable meet up point, perhaps head out Market Harborough way? Coffee stop then slightly different route back?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Dam just looked and that's a 155 mile journey.. On motorways....just to meet..... If the sun is shining I may venture out.. But dam the road had better be special for a 300 mile round trip on the M1 & 25!!!!!!:frown:

19. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Richard the software is farly easy to use.... garmin have their own or you can download Tyretravel...(it's Tyre something)
    Plot a course and then upload to device...simple....ish..

20. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Got to agree with you there Screwball, I've got the same feelings about the Ace Cafe meet. Have a coffe, buy a T shirt, mill about, get back on bike & ride in a straight line for 2 & a half hours. :frown:

• Like Like x 1