Triumph News

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stollydriver, Jun 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    TRIUMPH Motorcycles in TROUBLE! The straw that br…:

2. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Not really news - just someones opinion but unable to edit.....

3. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    He talks about all the new buyers who cancelled their orders when they discovered that their bike wasn't made in Britain and that this had a serious knock on Triumph sales. Does anybody know how many cancellations there were? Mr. Fillingham obviously knows but chooses to give no figures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    It's like a lot of things RDD in the UK but assembly overseas. I work for a well known UK business - all our RDD is UK based but again assembly is overseas. There are very few items solely designed, fabricated, assembled and marketed in the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    I've just asked him to elaborate on that state mate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I for one - love my Triumph bikes, the Rocket 3 is absolutely the best bike I've owned, not only performance but just the styling is breathtaking. Couldn't give a jot where it's made - it's a Triumph in every meaning of the word...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    I have Audi's and vw's and rocket feels like the bike equivalent mate.
    I'm with you, I'm just happy they had the balls to make it regardless where it's made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I must admit I don't think about where my triumphs are built/assembled. I'd love it to be in the UK, but you have to accept that globalisation will always dictate where things are made..... Just ride your bike and don't worry about it. And on the subject of cancellations I don't know anybody that have done this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I think it’s common knowledge they’re mostly not made in the UK. I guess my Speedmaster was probably made in Thailand. My VStrom was made in Japan, it says so on the frame/engine, but my little Yamaha scooter was made in Europe.

• Like Like x 3
  10. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I didn't know my Thruxton was made in Thailand until after I bought it, but frankly I'm not bothered. Having owned Japanese, Italian and American bikes over the last 40 odd years the Thruxton was (is) only my 2nd 'British' bike. I get the patriotic thing and like to buy stuff from the UK, the wife does it with fruit and veg etc. We both run German cars though. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  11. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I didn't know my Thruxton was made in Thailand until after I bought it, but frankly I'm not bothered. Having owned Japanese, Italian and American bikes over the last 40 odd years the Thruxton was (is) only my 2nd 'British' bike. I get the patriotic thing and like to buy stuff from the UK, the wife does it with fruit and veg etc. We both run German cars though. :confused:

• Like Like x 1