Triumph In Need

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ken walburn, Nov 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Well you've heard of Children in need. My wife & I attended a charity ball at the weekend in Coventry fundraising for Angelmanuk (formally Assert). Our son of 27 years has this syndrome.
    If you have a spare five minutes I invite you to visit the angelmanuk website. angelmanuk.org
    I met a couple who's son has just been diagnosed. Now I know how powerful the need as a father of a special needs child to make a difference. So this chap & two others are riding to Mount Etna in July 2019. Three bikes, a Thruxton R, Speed triple, a Yamaha of some description & a film crew car/ support vehicle. 16 days with various stop offs. I offered to ride with them but have already committed to the GMU. Expenditure for the whole project approx £4K. I have offered to prepare/service the machines for them as part of my sponsorship support.
    The aim of the trip is to raise awareness & much needed funds for the charity.
    If you feel that you can help with any sponsorship or know of anyone who could help with fundraising / sponsorship, then please visit. theangelmanrally.org
    Thanks for taking the time to read this post
    Ken

• Like Like x 8
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi Ken it's a shame the dates have clashed with the GMU, I've had a look at their website and it looks like a very worthwhile cause ,hopefully they will smash their target:)