Triumph Gel Seat Part Number A9700246

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by curly, Nov 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DH88UK

DH88UK Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Hampshire
    Ordered mine from A1 Moto and was dispatched yesterday. Took them a couple of days to dispatch ,I'm guessing it had to come from Triumph, in theory all dealers should be able to do the same

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. DH88UK

DH88UK Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Hampshire
    Mine arrived today, looks identical to the stock seat but feels very hard to push into by hand, probably not so much when my fat a$$ is on it!

Would love to go out and give it a try but unfortunately it's absolutely hooning it down out there :(

3. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Out of stock everywhere I have looked :(

4. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    From my own experience it seems to me that 1 seat is released every year or so and first come first served wins the day, this years lucky lottery winner is DH88UK!
    I gave up on this after the local dealer didn't even bother to answer my enquiry and went down a very satisfactory alternative independent route.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DH88UK

DH88UK Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Hampshire
    Wow guess I just got very lucky, they are available on eBay but at £125.

The seat doesn't have the triumph part number on it as far as I can see and it looks identical to the stock seat, I wonder if there is a way to check if it does have a gel layer with taking the cover off

6. DH88UK

DH88UK Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Hampshire
    Haven't had a chance to try it yet, hasn't stop raining here in 2 weeks ;(

7. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    To be completely honest when I first got the seat back and fitted it to the bike I wasn't too happy with the result.
    The back of the seat looked quite bulbous, as though it had been pumped up at a fuel station compressed air line.
    I left it and left it as the bike was SORNED and not in use
    When I got the bike back out on the road I just couldn't get on with the appearance, although it was certainly more comfortable than the standard factory plank.
    I spoke with the boys at Auto retrim and returned the seat to them for some attention.
    It has now lost the bulbous pillion perch and looks great.
    We haven't had the opportunity to do more than 100 miles on the bike since the reworked seat has been on but that ride presented no problems
    I'll get some photos up in a while for you to look at Gary

• Like Like x 2