Featured Triumph Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by dav.a, Apr 27, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    About two weeks ago I took my Speed Triple 1200RS through to Triumph Edinburgh to have both service bulletins addressed viz retorque the engine casing bolts and in my case replace the exhaust valve cover and method of its attachment. Despite their workshop being extremely busy and me not having an appointment they dealt with both issues without hesitation and I had my bike back in a couple of hours. On collecting it they brought to my attention the recently issued rear brake disk bolt recall. At this time they had not received the replacement bolts. It was agreed that they recall would be dealt with at my next service.
    A few days later friends and I arranged a touring holiday. Rather than wait until the service which would have been after the holiday I contacted Triumph Edinburgh and explained my predicament. Their next available service slot to have the recall done was just before I was due to leave and I was working that day anyway. They then said if I took the bike to them early the following week and could leave it with them for the day they would have it done before the close of day. I left Dunoon on the first ferry and got there just after they had opened. I left the bike with them and made my way into the city. I had just reached the top of Arthurs Seat when I received a text message telling me my bike was ready.
    I can honestly say that every single time I have dealt with Edinburgh Triumph from the initial deal, first service, service bulletin work and now this recall has been an absolute pleasure. They have been extremely approachable, friendly and professional. They really are a fabulous bunch.

• Like Like x 14
  2. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    If only all Triumph dealers were like that :(

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Thank you for posting a positive experience from a dealer. It very nice to hear of good service. Most people (myself included) tend not to post about good service but are very quick to post about bad or poor service. We should maybe all take a few minutes to post when we get good service. It sort of brightens the day a little.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    We definitely should let others know about good experiences, not just the bad ones. If anyone wants to put their name to one, I’ll add recommended dealers/workshops to the Map of Biking Goodness.

upload_2022-4-27_21-29-37.png

• Like Like x 4
  5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #5 Eldon, Apr 27, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    Happy to contribute to this one.....

When my 765rs was 500 mile old I took it for its 1st service.
    Once completed I brought it back home and took it to bits :joy:

20181128_234834.jpg

I decided to add more weather appropriate tyres especially as it was November.
    The Michelins I had were fitted by a tyre guy with all the right plastic bits but removing the balance weights took a chunk of powder coating with it :scream:

Triumph were absolutely spot on, email communication, resolution etc. Pick a dealer and it will be sorted.
    I chose Leeds Triumph (previously Cobb and Jaggers to anyone who knows them. I once collected a GasGas many moons ago on a Sunday morning as they used to sell lots of off road bikes and beat Charlie Jagger at a trial, 1st day out on a new bike :joy: he was miffed).

100% hassle free, wheel exchanged, tyre and disc swapped and given back to me ready to install :kissing_heart:

Good dealer.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    I can only recommend my TRIUMPH dealer! I always drive 100 km one way for a service, but it pays off in any case. I have made in recent years together with my wife and father in law only very good experiences when buying new, purchase and maintenance events of our bikes there.
    Since the boss has his own racing team and one of his employees is also a racer, the 7 mechanics on site are technically top trained!
    Top service, nice staff, great selection for motorcycle clothing and other accessories and adequate prices.
    You can find them at: www.gesslbauer.at in Waisenegg 121, 8190 Birkfeld or 9MJH+H5 Birkfeld (Pluscode); if you ever need short term support in Austria.

• Like Like x 2