Triumph Drift Jacket

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Mike Grant, Oct 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mike Grant

Mike Grant New Member

May 13, 2017
    Scotland
    Hi Guys,

Looking at a textile jacket since the colder weather is coming. Looking at the Triumph Drift Jacket, was just wondering if anyone has one and what do they think of it? Can’t find much reviews online.

Looking at the Triumph Drift, furygan Titan Evo or furygan blast jackets.

Cheers Folks

• Like Like x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Not personally, although I have had a Triumph Adventure textile jacket for about three years now. Triumph gear seems to be well made and durable. It's warmer than my Spada textile but like all textiles, unless its Goretex it won't be waterproof!
    Best if you can try on and compare a few - look at fastenings - zips should be chunky and easy to use not fiddly and a pain! Check out other fastenings - press studs or velcro (sometimes annoying as it can catch on other parts of the jacket).
    If you go the Triumph route, check out Total Triumph Taunton - they seem to have clothing sales at random times. My jacket was £75 instead of £275.00 so worth a look!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've never had any Triumph jackets, I have a Furygan Titan but if you get caught in a prolonged downpour it's not waterproof, also the main zip is not great, I had to return it after a couple of months for a replacement as the zip broke... apart from that it's a good jacket!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Grant

Mike Grant New Member

May 13, 2017
    Scotland
    Ah perfect Stuart, will have a look on there. I have found one for £112 looks decent. Got a Triumph Leather jacket which is good like.

Local triumph dealer doesn’t have any to try on just look pretty decent and reasonable for the money.

5. Mike Grant

Mike Grant New Member

May 13, 2017
    Scotland
    Cheers for the info Dougie, I did here the Titan isn’t fully waterproof but haven’t heard much about the Titan Evo whether these faults have been corrected in the newer version.

6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Do check the zips on Triumph jackets carefully, I have three and zips have either failed (the long bit you grip with your fingers snaps in half) sooner on later on all three
    I use zip extensions that clip on, bought them off Amazon
    Triumph stuff is good, just the zips are a bit of a weak point from my experience

7. Mike Grant

Mike Grant New Member

May 13, 2017
    Scotland
    Funny enough this happened on my leather jacket main zip, so I just use a carribeana through the snapped bit.