Triumph Dealer Tool

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mount Burns, Mar 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mount Burns

Mount Burns New Member

Mar 24, 2020
    USA
    Greetings,
    I just discovered and joined this forum.
    I purchased a 2018 Tiger 800 xrt and am curious about the "dealer tool" I have heard about. I would like to be able to do my own maintenance and reset factory warnings.
    Where can one find this tool in the US?
    Many thanks!

2. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    Welcome aboard.

I use the Dealer tool on my 2017 Street Twin. Check for DTCs and erase same, Runs ABS to bleed, Reset the service (Spanner symbol) to what mileage you want. Works for me.

I run Windows 10 and apart from sorting out the USB port, no problems.

I understand it can be run on Apple using the Parallels program.

They respond quickly on email so drop them a line and they may sell to the States.

Alfie

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mount Burns

Mount Burns New Member

Mar 24, 2020
    USA
    Thank you!
    Do you know how one can locate this tool in the US?

4. Mount Burns

Mount Burns New Member

Mar 24, 2020
    USA
    Excellent!

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Welcome aboard mate, Glad you got some good info there. :cool:

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have you looked on www.tiger800.co.uk I’m sure there’s something on there about that or similar. Someone might actually have written their own program

7. Mount Burns

Mount Burns New Member

Mar 24, 2020
    USA
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mount Burns

Mount Burns New Member

Mar 24, 2020
    USA
    I will check that out.
    Thank you!

9. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mount Burns

Mount Burns New Member

Mar 24, 2020
    USA
    Awesome!
    Thanks very much!

• Like Like x 1
  11. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Welcome from sunny California.

upload_2020-3-24_10-42-16.png

12. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy Mount, and welcome in :cool::cool:

13. Max Holt

Max Holt Fat Max

Oct 8, 2019
    Buxton
    Bought my Dealer tool on eBay earlier this year and when I got the opportunity to use it on my 2018 Speedmaster with an engine management light, I couldn't make any sense out of it at all. First, my computer asked for it to be plugged into a COM port that it doesn't have! Then when It finally recognised it in the USB port it wouldn't load up. the options tab (only one available) asked for a new ICU code. Short of striping the bike down I asked my Triumph dealer where I could find the code but they were reluctant to give any info away, even as to where about's I could find the ECU. Short of dismantling my bike until I find it. Can anyone help me out with some info on where I can get this ICU code from? Or tell me where to look for the ICU?

14. Gear1

Gear1 New Member

My 2018 T100 Bonneville was due for the biannual brake fluid flush, and my dealer is four hours away. I had heard of the "DealerTool," which can open the valves in the antiskid system, so I ordered one (www.dealertool.com) from the English provider. The OBDII adapter arrived in good order, so I downloaded the DealerTool files from their website into my PC and opened the program. One minor inconvenience is that the purchaser must return a code from the program to the folks at DealerTool, and they send back a key which is loaded into the program. However I received the code from DealerTool in less than a day. I also made covers with a 1/4" NPT pipe fitting attached so that I could use my pressure bleeder (Motive Products Power Bleeder www.motiveproducts.com) rather than having to pump the brake levers. The DealerTool worked as the directions showed, and the antiskid pump could be heard when the bleed button was selected. I selected the bleed button several times to be sure all of the fluid was flushed from the master cylinder, antiskid system and brake calipers. It was also interesting to go through all the tests and diagnostics that can be done and read with the DealerTool.

In short, I would highly recommend the DealerTool if you do your own maintenance.

Craig Taylor

Craig Taylor

15. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I shall be purchasing Dealertool shortly for my Street Scrambler. Strange that you need one to bleed the brakes. All the bikes I've had, including the current ZZR, use standard brake bleed procedures irrespective of the ABS system.