Triumph Daytona 955 Venhill 2 Race Line Front Brakes

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by QuadumphUK, May 9, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Hi Trying to fit Venhill front brake lines with the race set up to my 955. The problem I have is the brake line lowers seem to being forced between the fork leg and mudguard.The stiff part close to banjo bolt seems too long. In past with other bikes there`s always been a bit of distance between brakelines and fork leg/ mudguard.
    I have position rubber grommet to keep it away slightly but theres a fare IMGP4831.JPG bit of pressure there
    Just wondering if anyone has a picture of their race set up iI IMGP4830.JPG IMGP4831.JPG I can compare mine to.
    Cheers

2. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Why race lines? you going racing. Which series, Bemsee Golden era?

3. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    No not going racing. This is actually 955 front end on a Trophy 1200.
    I just prefer 2 lines direct from caliper as seems to give better feel for whats going on at the front.
    Company I bought them from is going to supply 2 x 40 and 2 x 70 degree bends banjos to try and send back what I don`t use
    Pretty good customer service

4. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Ok. They are a lot shorter.Anut decreases the head angle, so a plus there.
    Discs are 10mm up on dia which helps too.

5. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    All good stuff, will definately help with turn in when going into corners,one of reason`s I changed front end but also adjustability.
    I now have compression, rebound and preload dampning adjusters where as with Trophy forks had nothing.
    With such a heavy bike the extra braking power is always handy :)
    Just got to get a zxr 750 clutch mastercylinder to swap for original as that won`t fit with the clip ons.
    Fingers crossed will be a case of bleeding brakes and clutch and she`s a goer

• Like Like x 1
  6. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Good update on this both UP THE SHOP bike shop are sending two different degrees of bend to sort out closeness to forks etc and then return ones i don`t use and Venhill themselves e-mailed me aswell and they are also going to send some different banjo ends to try. Best customer service I`ve seen in a long time. Fingers crossed between the two it gets sorted.

7. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Ve
    Venhill are tops. I use them whenever I can

8. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    New banjos fitted and routing is much better. credit to Up The Shop for customer service and getting parts to me quickly.
    Few more bits todo,which shouldarrive next week IMGP4841.JPG and the old girls a goer