Triumph Customer Service Experience

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Brandan, May 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Brandan

Brandan New Member

May 23, 2018
    Michigan
    Recently bought my first motorcycle ever. A 2017 Daytona 675r. The bike is amazing. I also received a $1000 voucher with my bike. This is where my problems arise.. so after a week, I received my 4 codes. I went to purchase some gear and accessories and none of them worked. TRIED to contact Triumph it took them 2 weeks to respond to my email. Well eventually they activated my codes. And I was able to purchase items. WRONG. Half of my order was cancelled for no apparent reason (website said they were still in stock). And I STILL have not received a refund. My credit card was thankfully charged back the $188 extra on top of the voucher. But after almost 2 weeks now I have not received the $500 refund. I can barley get ahold of Triumph through phone or email. Always goes to voicemail of the ecom manager and I never get a response from email or a return call. Absolutely ridiculous. $500 is not some petty Shit either. That’s a lot of damn money

2. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    I'm just thinking out loud. If you signed a contract on the bike that specifically included the $1,000 voucher, you might want to go back to the dealer and nicely ask them to straighten it out with Triumph America. You could let them know (again nicely) that your only choices would be to return the bike since they defaulted on the contract, or that you might have to file a theft report with the local PD and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and/or the licensing agency in Michigan. You don't want to burn the bridge with the dealer if you intend for them to do the service work, but I'd rather do that than lose $500. Also, I would talk to the owner of the dealership and not the staff. He/she will generally feel like they have more 'skin in the game' and be more inclined to take care of the customer. I had a paperwork snafu (Certificate of Origin) with a Triumph Dealership and the finance person was no help at all (lied to me on every call). I got the owner on the phone and got him 'jacked-up.' He took care of the problem that day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brandan

Brandan New Member

May 23, 2018
    Michigan

Thanks for the advice man. The dealer I bought it from is about 2 hours from me so I won’t be doing service there. But I can contact them and let them know the situation see what they can do. I know before I contacted them the first time about the codes not working they said it was through Triumph they couldn’t do anything. But maybe a push from the dealer contacting them might help move the process forward

• Agree Agree x 2