Triumph Bonneville T100 All 3th 4th And 5th Gears Feel The Same.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Mohammed Rachidy, Feb 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mohammed Rachidy

Mohammed Rachidy New Member

Feb 15, 2019
    qatar
    3th 4th and 5th gear feel the same, there is almost no acceleration with the 4th and 5th, max speed at 5th gear is 130 and the engine is relaxed, but any more speed and the RPM is at its max, i haven't came across another bike to compare the speed ,but something feels wrong ,why!?!?

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Check clutch cable adjustment. It sounds like you may have no slack and the clutch is slipping. The handbook gives details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mohammed Rachidy

Mohammed Rachidy New Member

Feb 15, 2019
    qatar
    The clutch has slack and shifting just fine , but i don't know how to explain it ,but tell me how fast can u go on 4th and 5th gear !!!! and what is the maximum speed you can keep on 5th gear ??

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Which T100 is it? The air cooled bike should pull about 110 mph at 8,000 rpm max in 5th gear. The water cooled bike should be about as fast but at nearer 7,000 rpm. It is designed for mid range pulling power with less need to change gear on the move than faster bikes.

The clutch slack is measured at the lever with a small 2-3mm gap before you feel spring resistance.

The bike is running out of steam at the very top end but should hold 95mph as long as you can.