Triumph Aux Socket

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Feb 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Thinking of adding the Triumph Aux socket (A9828041, A practical auxiliary power socket for use with optimates and auxiliary instruments.) to my Scrambler 1200 as its a neat fit on the headstock.

Can someone tell me is this a Din Hella socket or something else. I only want to charge phone so will need to plug in an adapter to convert.

Or better still if someone knows of a usb socket which will fit in the Scrambler 1200 hole and connect to the existing socket in the headlamp bowl

Not a fan of ten million bits hanging off the bars so not going to put a handlebar usb socket on, bad enough with the phone there.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'm quessing it will be hella

3. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Thank you for quessing:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Adrian Braithwaite

Adrian Braithwaite Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Kirkhamgate
    It is a hella size socket

5. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Thanks chaps

6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    And it fits BMW’s too!!

7. Bret Morey

Bret Morey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Alexandria, PA - USA
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    After a winter and then lockdown I noticed the connection on my aux socket has loosened. At least I have to fiddle about with the Optimate plug in the socket to get it working. My guess is that the connectors inside the socket need bending out a bit. Just thought I'd share.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Yep, disconnected the positive terminal on battery and used a screwdriver to bend out the contacts in the socket. The optimate now makes a good connection, think the contacts are copper so quite malleable and expect I will need to do this again at some point. Certainly will be watching the right hand lights when plugging in, it was only when I saw no lights on the right and no scrolling the center charging lights that I thought something was up.

10. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Yep, disconnected the positive terminal on battery and used a screwdriver to bend out the contacts in the socket. The optimate now makes a good connection, think the contacts are copper so quite malleable and expect I will need to do this again at some point. Certainly will be watching the right hand lights on the Optimate when plugging in, it was only when I saw no green lights on the right and no scrolling the center charging lights that I thought something was up.

• Like Like x 1