Triumph 900/1200 Trophy Silencers

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Miles hewitt, Sep 22, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Miles hewitt

Miles hewitt New Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Melton mowbray
    Hi all
    Can anybody help I need either a really good early LH silencer or a pair of similar looking chrome after market ones. All I can find are the sprint manufacturing ones has anybody fitted these ?. They are for a mint 11000 mile 1993 1200 trophy.
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
    Miles

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I knew someone who fitted the SM chrome silencers (the £189 a pair jobbies) to a Trident 900 a few years back. Looked good and sounded nice and were/are a fair bit lighter than the originals - well mine are lighter (Norman Hyde built but sold by SM), but they date back to 199?, although I would guess that the current ones will weigh similarly. Surely they can't be heavier than the originals?:rolleyes:

3. Miles hewitt

Miles hewitt New Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Melton mowbray
    No sure can't be heavier than standard ones, I am currently modding some standard black 96 daytona silencers which I have done on several occasions basically cut the things to bits fit perf tube wadding and some proper carbon tube and then revvit back together apart from the carbon they look standard but weigh 2 1/2 kg less each and give about 3hp. I think if I can't find a standard LH can for the trophy I will mod the ones that these are replacing and fit them to the trophy until i manage to locate a standard one.

• Like Like x 1