Triumph 675 Rx No Start Damaged Repair

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fastlane, Jul 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. fastlane

fastlane New Member

Jul 14, 2019
    sandwell
    Hi folks, I've got a 2015 675 RX its accident damaged so needed clocks as it was just high up damage. Found some used clocks on eBay from a Triumph dealer and after checking the chassis number they confirmed they were the correct ones. I've now fitted them and they do work when the ignition is switched on, but the bike wont start and I cant even hear the fuel pump priming. I've checked the obvious things like the tip over switch and fuses etc but still no luck.
    Would I have to get the new clocks paired to my bike? Any help would be great before I take it to the dealers.

2. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    Does it have the original Key-Switch/Immobilizer?

3. fastlane

fastlane New Member

Jul 14, 2019
    sandwell

4. fastlane

fastlane New Member

Jul 14, 2019
    sandwell
    hi there not sure its original switch,, it has ignition switch that activates the dash does not engage fuel pump and has a a red light to the right lower screen looks like alarm, although it has an alarm bypass fitted, lights, indicators, brake lights all work,thanks,,

5. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    #6 D'Ecosse, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Alarm and immobilizer are two different things - if you do not have the original chipped key and the ignition switch matched to the immobilizer it won't start. The immobilizer inhibits the ECU.
    That's why your alarm light is on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. fastlane

fastlane New Member

Jul 14, 2019
    sandwell
    that's a big 10/4 I,ve just found out it is not the original ignition switch booked it in to triumph dealership for diagnostic and 1 recall again thanks for help,,,

• Like Like x 2
  7. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    Do you have (or can you get) the original key from the original owner?
    If you can get that, you can just hold the key next to the detector ring (possibly even just on the top) even if a different actual switch assembly/key is used to physically turn it on. (i.e. the key does not have to be in the barrel, just close to the detector.
    Ultimately you'll need dealer to match it up, but that at least might get you some headway in the interim.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fastlane

fastlane New Member

Jul 14, 2019
    sandwell

9. fastlane

fastlane New Member

Jul 14, 2019
    sandwell
    hi there, thanks again for your interest I do believe I have the original key, the guy I bought the bike off gave me a spare key and a spare fuel filler cap I believe to be the original, I will try your theory tomorrow again thanks for your input regards frank,,