Triumph 1200 Scrambler Xe- Windscreen Review

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by FlyingMuleRIder, Apr 7, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FlyingMuleRIder

FlyingMuleRIder Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Montana
    I have only owned my Scrambler XE for about a month, but just rolled over 400 miles and love it. Totally understand that this is a "naked adventure bike" but I thought a small windscreen would really help on some of my longer trips.

I purchased the Dart Marlin in dark tint. This was the largest of the three sizes that Dart offers.

I just got back from a 125 mile ride and I can tell you it works fantastic. Make no mistake, this thing does not block everything but takes a surprising amount wind off my chest and makes highway cruising much more comfortable.

The purchase price was $129 (US) shipping was excellent and it installed in about ten minutes. So far - no regrets and highly recommended (see photo).

Ride Safe- Dave

Windscreen .jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Thanks for the review, I have the smaller Dart screen fitted to my T100 Bonneville and find the benefit limited. I was thinking of buying the larger Marlin screen, you have convinced me to hit the plastic (Again!!)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Desert Yeti

Desert Yeti Member

Apr 8, 2021
    Mojave Desert
    I've got the smaller smoked windscreen on my Scrambler 1200XC. The overall effect seemed negligible to me, but it was worth the expense just because it covered the unsightly bundle of wiring harness coming out of the back of the TFT. If I had it to do it over again, I'd still buy it for that reason.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Somerset Triumph

Somerset Triumph New Member

Apr 18, 2021
    Somerset, UK
    Hi
    I’m looking for a screen for my Scrambler, but being 6’6” not sure this one will be good for me? Out of interest how tall are you?

5. FlyingMuleRIder

Mar 7, 2021
    Montana
    I am 5’10” tall. The windscreen is adjustable, but you might get some wind blast still on your helmet.

6. Jalapeenoz

Jalapeenoz New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    Illinois, US
    I had the Dart Classic screen on my T100. It did ok cutting down on wind to my chest, but at higher speeds it really seemed to send more to my helmet- wanting to lift the helmet off my head. I took the screen off and now more wind goes to my chest. The Marlin dimensions aren't that much bigger than the Classic. Not sure I'm ready to throw another $100 their way. Let us know if you get one on your T100.

7. davidridebike

davidridebike New Member

Aug 31, 2021
    portland oregon
    Likely adding one of these as well. Any advice on tinted vs clear? I don't really see the benefit of the tint

8. FlyingMuleRIder

Mar 7, 2021
    Montana
    The windscreen continues to work out really great. I ordered the larger "Marlin" size and I really like it. The tinted version I think just looks better on the bike. Additional benefit is - it keeps a ton of bugs out of the instrument cluster.

• Useful Useful x 2