Tripple Rs Tyres

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by robert macdonald, Sep 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. robert macdonald

robert macdonald New Member

Sep 14, 2019
    worksop
    hi,
    just about worn out the corsa's that came with my fab speed triple rs, these have stuck to the dry roads like being on rails and grip in corners is great.....but just putting feelers out for replacement ones, dont intend going out in wet but winter is nearing, and could do with getting a few more miles without comprimising grip.
    cant see me going on track till later next year, so fast roads with good mileage me thinks.....any recomendations?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Might take a look at Michelin pilot power lineup, dual compound for longer life, with sticky grip for corners. Have had 2 sets on my other bike, and that's probably what i will get for the new street triple RS. Maybe others will give their opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I had a thread on this a while ago and was thinking about sport touring tires. There are some good ones for sure. For sport touring the top two I would say being the Michelin road 5 and the Continental road attack 3. I’m now leaning towards the Metzler M7 RR. Built with the Isle of Man in mind, so it provides grip in all conditions. Shouldn’t give up much grip to the Supercorsa’s on dry clean roads, and should out perform them on dirty and greasy roads. Looks like it should last a fairly decent amount of miles as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Diablo rosso 3 has the same tall profile as the corsa but has extra rainsips and a road biased rubber compound :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Great tire. I had it on my Street Triple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    I’ve heard the Bridgestone S22 are great. My mate has them on his S1000R and loves them.

To be honest any decent tyre will give you all the grip you’ll probably ever use on the road!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gled

Gled Active Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Manchester (UK)
    +1 for the Road 5s, I love em. Can’t comment on the others as haven’t used them.

Gled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. robert macdonald

robert macdonald New Member

Sep 14, 2019
    worksop
    cheers for the inputs, ill check all those out and then decide

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Think I would go for the Bridgestone for fast riding or knee down stuff.
    Regards
    Joe.

10. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    JMO but bike tires are you only two contact spots hopefully. You really don't need all that grip, until you get caught with your pants down and really really need it. At that point superior tires are a cheap investment, as i like to avoid the scene of an accident and the associated costs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Bryan3R

Bryan3R Senior Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Southend, Essex, England
    Got a pair waiting to go on my Speed R.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bryan3R

Bryan3R Senior Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Southend, Essex, England
    Got a pair waiting to go on my Speed R, replacing Dunlop Sportmax Road Smart IIs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mark34

Mark34 Member

Aug 24, 2018
    London
    I swapped to Michelin Pilot Power RS on mine. I really like the feel of them over the Pirellis. May be not ideal for all weathers, but definitely recommend them for sportier riding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Ooh let us know what you think of them :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    Just replaced a set of M7's, I got 4K miles on them but felt they were somewhat vague in reading the road and I didn't like the profile, harder to turn it in. Put a set of Diablo Rosso III and oh my it is a perfect tire on the RS. Cannot speak to longgevity on this bike but my prior Street Triple R loved this tire also and got 3.5K miles on that bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I’m curious about the profile. From new is the profile on the Rosso III higher than a new M7RR? I find the profile on the supercorsa to be lower than other tires I’ve had. My brother has a Continental sport attack 3, and the profile is munch higher than my supercorsa. I like high profile tires for faster turn in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    I don't feel it's higher but the III has a very similar feel to the SuperCorsa; the M7 was far more round. It just was a bit vague feeling, I did trust those tires but the Pirelli's are a different level of responsive. All IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Good to know, thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    hi there,
    I had michelin road 5's fitted on mine (before NC500) and they were/are brilliant.
    I've done 2k on them now (1550 motorways ) and they JUST have a slight flat bit on the rear. Front is fine.
    Definitely recommend.
    Best of both worlds I think as if im honest with myself, i'd never actually use what the standard ones would offer and these offer that PLUS brilliant in the wet (well, it was scotland after-all ...)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Has anyone tried the new S22s at all ?
    I have the Rosso Corsa IIs fitted which are good but open to alternatives. I do like a sporty tyre as it suits my riding and i don't go out in cold or wet conditions. My days of riding in snow and ice all year round are over...

• Agree Agree x 1