Triple 2016 tail tidy

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by topbanana0, Apr 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    picking up my 2016 triple on the weekend, unfortunately the dealer can't fit a tail tidy for me as he's not aware of one being available as yet.
    Anyone out there managed to get hold of one? Just wondering how different 2015 is over 2016 model.
    The 2015 looked kinda adjustable?

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I think the new speed triple has a slightly different rear than the old model,but i would have thought there would have been non triumph tail tidys available to fit ,you would have thought triumph would have had one available as it does seem to be a popular mod

3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Still trying to find out if the fixing points for the latest number plate hanger are the same as previous. I would think Triumph would keep the sub-frame the same if they could get away with it. I'll quiz my local dealer and have a close look under the seat next time I'm up there (ulterior motive, I fancy fitting the latest plate hanger to my 94R). Just wondering if they've done a cosmetic job on the plastic and stuck a two part seat on top without changing the sub-frame and the black plastic underneath?

4. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    I asked the same question last week. In the end i emailed evotech and rg.

Evotech said to watch their website. They hope to develop one and have it on sale in the next few weeks.

Rg didnt reply

5. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Ive also had issue getting the arrow low boy. Ive been told i might be lucky that the dealer will have got some off triumph for my 500 mile service.

Triumph have no stock!

6. topbanana0

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Yes pabs, no stock. Picked bike up today (couldn't wait for weekend:))
    Rad guard out of stock, also was told triumph have no plans to make a tail tidy?

7. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    #7 Pabs, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Got to say im pretty gutted. Ive paid for the arrow and would have liked the guard.

Exhausts are due in to hinckly in may and guards around july!

8. topbanana0

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Just took the original number plate holder off, to see what it looks like.
    Took some picture but don't know how to post them.
    It doesn't just bolt to the underside of the rear end, it's a large unit that is part of the rear ended.
    When you take it off (which is quite easy) it leaves a large hole exposing the underside of the rear seat unit.
    An after market tail tidy looks like it's going to be expensive, might just take a hacksaw to the original one

9. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I'd hang on for a bit before taking a hacksaw to a brand new bike.
    The accessory makers aren't going to be to long getting the new stuff out.

10. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Most tail tidys cost the same. Only anodized aluminium

11. topbanana0

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Well who ever comes across a new tail tidy first, please post asap

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    From the rg website.....

Tail Tidy for Triumph Speed Triple S '16- (LP0194BK)
    Available to order soon for delivery mid April 2016.

Radically tidy up the rear end of the Triumph Speed Triple S '16- models with this R&G Tail Tidy.

Its stainless steel and matte black powder coated construction and design ensures long lasting durability and performance.

R&G tail tidy unit is easy to fit and will radically transform the rear end of the bike, removing the expansive (and often ugly!) OEM licence plate holders - replacing them with a much sleeker looking unit, tucking the number plate underneath the rear seat unit, for a much more stylish sporty look.

Compatible with the Triumph Speed Triple S '16- models, this R&G tail tidy is bolstered with its out of the box "plug-and-play" wiring connectors allowing for a seamless installation, plus includes out-of-the-box compatibility with both OEM indicators or aftermarket (8mm) micro/mini indicators (RG370/RG371/RG372) thanks to the included adapter plates. - See more at: http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Triumph/Speed_Triple_S/2016/LP0194BK/#sthash.bIE0tOwe.dpuf

13. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Price has been added this morning as £95 plus vat.

Instructions state cutting required for number plate light...may just mean wire?

14. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Called evotech. They will have tail tidy, rad guards and crash protection all on their website asap. They have developed it all and its all being processed in the factory.

They will take pre orders but cant gaurentee any dates.

15. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Now in stock on the r&g website

16. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
  17. topbanana0

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    I'm tempted to hang on for the Evotech tail tidy, I would guess it would look much like the 2015 one.
    I prefer the way the indicators attach.

18. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    I was also tempted...it will prob be a bit cheaper. But they still 3 weeks away. I emailed them the other day....

Im too impatient.

19. topbanana0

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Think I'll wait, what's 3 weeks:D

20. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Recieved my r&g today.. ill be posting it back and waiting for the evotech.

Im not keen on the shiny finish, seems a bit thin. Ive had evotech before and the matt powder coat just seams tougher and is a closer match to factory plastics.