Touring trip to the Alps and Going to see the French Pope!

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Tigcraft, Sep 2, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    For the people who don't already know I'm testing a real 'Chinese' bike to the Alps and back.
    Its now my turn to visit and see the 'French' Pope. This is a picture of him..... image.jpg
    He's looking a little cream crackered these days as he's waiting for his 'new' Pope mobile and struggling for finances. He just can't get the credit because of his age unfortunately. Any idea who he was in a previous life?

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hiawatha's grandma?

3. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
  4. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Is it the worlds fastest Indian?

• Like Like x 1
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You are a bunch of cheeky monkeys !!!!!

Just got back from a day out that started at 4:30am :eek: French trains perfectly on time, every one - then a 500 kms ride home.

Not much room in the garage now ;);):D:D:D

6. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Dave, does that mean your chimney will now be producing white smoke as the new chariot have been selected???

7. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    I can see the smoke signals...pardon?...

8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France

You'll see clearly on or about the 16th of September.

LOADS of white smoke

9. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    New Toy ! New Toy ! New Toy ! New Toy !

10. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I can see it now........
    French Pope on KTM forum... Wtf???
    Who is this man they will be saying!!

11. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    image.jpg
    The French 'Pope' on his new KTM chariot!! Back to the journey....
    Well, got to the big lads pad and we all had a good session of a little piss take and a lot of bloody sarcasm. Things went down well inc cheap red wine that was very more ish.
    My traveling companion (ex triumph owner) and my self met Wendy, Daves wife and what a lovely pair they were (Wendy and Dave!!) the food was brill (not done by Dave) and we were stuffed unfortunately we couldn't eat dessert as we were bellowing at the waste!
    It was a horrible wet day when we arrived in the Eve although Dave soon brightened things up. The accommodation me and my traveling companion were given was a very large caravan which rocked all night (because of the weather).
    Next morning we all went for a small blast round nearby villages until the rain got so bad Dave left us. He was last seen on his knees, hands together and looked like he was praying at the side of his new pope mobile using the words "I won't ever let you out in this wet shitty rain again my beauty!" ("You what?" We thought silly bugger! It's an adventure bike!!) heh heh heh. Then our homeward ride continued...............

• Like Like x 5
  12. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Bless you my son...................................................................................now fuck off you sarky bastid !!!!

Set off on my round-the-world-trip - "The fat way round" - will report more when I've had a meat pie.

• Like Like x 3
  13. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Nice pic :)

The colour suits you Dave. I'm expecting a guided tour of it next year if I manage to get down there ;)

14. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You would be most welcome mate. It'll give me a chance to show you the sites around here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Pleased to see your having a good time.
    thebiglads place seems to have become an official stop off for France tours.

Why did you take the screen off Dave?

16. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi mate, because the screen she came with was huge and generated sufficient turbulence to keep a field full of wind generators going at full tilt. Kitten now has a very nice small screen which works much better - just need to cut the top lip off.

17. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    That explains a lot.
    Seems to be major problem with a lot of adventure bikes.
    Wife's having trouble with her Tiger screen,as did a friend of ours.
    Talked to a guy with an Explorer and he said the standard screen was so bad it made him feel sick.

You'd think somebody would buy a wind tunnel.

18. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The thing is that it's not complicated or difficult to make something that works loads better,but because all the screens in this category are locked into the idea that customers want to ride in a bubble of still air all the suppliers put a flip-up at the top of their screens.

Now all of that would be OK if the rider was sitting immediately behind the screen - but they're not!! If you look at any of the Adventure-style bikes, there is a large space between the rider and the screen. So what you might say? Well I'll tell you what - laminar flow, that's what. The idea is to have smooth air passing over the front of the bike and the lower half of the rider so the their head is in clean clear air. To achieve this you the correct angle of screen, with air passing underneath as well as above and most importantly a smooth departure of air from the top of the screen - which you don't get if you have a flip-up top to the screen.

19. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Yes your right Dave that's why my chinese contraption works so much better than my mate Gary's V-strom from what he was moaning about.

20. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Sounds logical,so I wonder my multi million pound company's can't seem to grasp the concept.
    I read somewhere that Tiger Sport owners were putting longer spacers under their screens to cure the problem.

Tigcraft,enjoy your holiday,sorry to hijack your thread.
    Have a great time.