Trident Fuel Tap

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MICK64, Sep 19, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Looked at this myself for a 97 sprint , would require the stand off / spacer off the old tap , otherwise I'd say it's at least a 50/50 chance if not better . And you'd have to blank off the vacuum port that would go to the vacuum switch on the fuel tap.
    I even went so far as to order one , it didn't travel well and arrived broken. So get them to wrap it well !!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    I would have thought, that a hose should run from that vacuum port, on the tap, to the carb, as it doe's on the original tap. The only difference being, this one has an off position, as opposed to a prime. Or am i missing something ? My carbs are Mikuni's.

4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Ah didn't see the vacuum tap line

5. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    #5 MICK64, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    The original tap has 2 fuel lines, and 1 vacuum. I assumed that 1 fuel line was for normal flow, and the other for reserve.This tap has only 1 fuel line. Someone else said that the 2 hoses ran together on both settings, as well as prime. And that just 1 line would not supply enough fuel. He tried using just 1 line on his 1200, and it wouldn't hold full throttle. I fitted a rebuild kit to my tap. but it made no difference. Many others have had no luck with it either. I could, and probably will, end up buying a new OEM tap. It just pisses me off, to pay £70, for it...