Trident 900 Sprint Tank Breather Problem !

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Blooka, Aug 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blooka

Blooka New Member

Aug 6, 2021
    selby
    Hi all
    im new to this forum and I have just bought my first triumph a 1994 trident 900 sprint.
    I bought it to turn into a cafe racer but it is so nice it seems a shame so im just going to run it for a while.
    problem is I have a smell of fuel around the filler cap. i read on the internet it could be the filler cap venting and to check the tank breather.
    So i have emptied the tank and lifted it up to check breather at rear of tank and when i blow up it it is blocked !!
    i take it this is not normal? ive tried clearing it with wire but cant seem to unblock it. is there any tips to help clear this.
    many thanks
    cheers dave

230525442_955209808664235_1938521909187283768_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blooka

Blooka New Member

Aug 6, 2021
    selby
    just been told this is the fuel overflow for the filler cap
    which isnt draining down it seems to be blocked near the filler end.
    anyone any tips to clear this out seems well blocked .tried using bicycle brake cable but doesnt seem to clear it
    cheers dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Blooka
    Welcome to the family. Try sucking the pipe as some have a non return mechanism fitted. Failing that you may just have to keep putting something like wd40 down there and find a stiffer piece of wire and just keep at it till it clears.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blooka

Blooka New Member

Aug 6, 2021
    selby
    Cheers Joe wd40 did the trick

• Like Like x 1