Trident 660 Thingy

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Iron, Jun 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iron

Iron Guest

So, was poodling about and went to have a look at the Trident thing.
    Even with the free mud and grime as displayed in the showroom it's erm...... no.

The sign says it's £125 deposit then £7 grand to pay. Mind you, it's got colour TFT is A2 compliant and has self cancelling indicators, cor.

Ok, if it's your thing then they want £125 per month for 3 years AND then £3800 final payment! And that's for the base one. The sign says there's 45 upgrades! Jeez, do you get tyres?
    And an additional 12 or 24 months warranty is how fucking much?

Looked up loans on t'tinternet and one can borrow £7k for £200 a month over 3 years.

Saving up for a final payment of £3800 would require a saving of £105 per month on top of the £125 which equals £230 per month.

Mumble mumble, didn't even buy a tea. Kicked over ye olde Bonnie and went home for one.

00001.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Agree sir. It's pro's and con's but I like to actually own my steed personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I love Tridents (got 3 of 'em .... plus an A75) but, and it grieves me to say this, that new 660 is one butt ugly dog. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, of course, but, for me, that utterly bizarre back end treatment is just vom-gagging. If I won that in a raffle I'd ask what the second prize was or if anybody wanted to swap for a proper motorcycle ......

Sorry, not for me. At any price.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Iron

Iron Guest

I'd also go for the 2nd prize (or even the 3rd prize) in the National Motorcycle Museum's raffle this year:

raffle.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Yep, my tickets are in so, should I win the first prize, there'll be a brand new 660 Trident with delivery miles on it for sale the day after the presentation ..... which will be held in private. I wouldn't even want to be photographed with it! :(

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #6 Wire-Wheels, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Every manufacturer hits a foul ball now and then. But I think Triumph has lost their touch. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Well the Trident is in top place for UK bike registrations in the 651 to 1000cc category. Helping to put Triumph as the third best selling brand overall in the UK. Quite impressive for the company, especially considering that Triumph don't make small bikes.

• Like Like x 1