Transporting my bike to France

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by unionfan, Jan 5, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. unionfan

unionfan New Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Surrey
    Hello wise folks and Happy New Year

We're moving to France in a week but I haven't been able to find a reasonable quote to transport my Speedmaster to near Montauban despite looking for over a month. Can anyone recommend a service please? The bike is currently in Fleet, Hampshire and I'm in no rush but would like it to play in the spring sunshine of course :biggrin:

Thanks in advance
    UF

2. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    You could always get someone to ride it there for you.:wink: or even yet ride it there yourself either before or after you move.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Ride and fly back in time, follow removing truck if there is one, borrow/buy trailer I suppose yer thought of all this and more but as PJT says, get a good mate to ride it. Sorry never used a courier other than help load a 750 Honda onto so called courier (was an artic, was manhandled on and a mattress thrown over it along with household stuff already in)

4. Daytonaknight

Daytonaknight New Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Sutton
    [email protected]- Jo- these people have moved hike for me and they are really good and reliable . They also know other bike movers for France

5. A2B are also really good, they are based in Cambridge. I've used them a couple of times.

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi UF, is there a specific why you are not riding it down yourself? If you did then you'd have a wonderful time AND know the bike was in safe hands at all times.

Dave